1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Carpenter or Lawson?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Tass, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,943 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I tend to lean toward Carpenter. Seems like he was on a better team and played opposite a talented guy in Hawk...I'm sure some of Hawk rubbed of on Bobby. Even though Lawson is a better athlete I just think Carpenter is a better football player. What do y'all think?
  2. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Carpenter. I just think he's been underrated playing his whole CF career next to Hawk
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,845 Messages
    2,590 Likes Received
    To me that more likely has the effect of making him overrated.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,500 Messages
    2,260 Likes Received
    Lawson played opposite a talented guy in Mario Williams. What difference that makes I have know idea. They are both good players but Lawson is another freak like Ware.
  5. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,939 Messages
    92 Likes Received
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

40,467 Messages
    2,218 Likes Received
    I'll go with Lawson there. If you look at Washington now, they are going to stretch the field. The Moss WR screen play will now be on both sides with Randel El.

So to counter that, we're going to have to have pressure on the QB and that person is Lawson.
  7. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,943 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    LOL...actually, I don't know why I bother. Every guy I've ever wanted the Boys to draft has not been drafted by us (Pollack, Tinoisamoa, Sopoaga, etc.). If I REALLY hope we draft Carpenter that is a sure bet that we won't.
  8. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,290 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    Carpenter.

It's all about production and Carpenter has produced and Lawson didn't.
  9. cleverusername

cleverusername New Member

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Carpenter, He's the better over all player, But I wouldn't be disappointed with Manny, what an athlete.
  10. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,975 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I want the one that is going to be better at generating a pass rush. To me that is Lawson, but honestly I don't really want Lawson in the 1st round
  11. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  12. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,939 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Lawson didn't produce?? wth?
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,845 Messages
    2,590 Likes Received
    This should be redone as a poll.
  14. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'd go for Carpenter hands down. It'd be nice to have 2 rushing terrors like Ware and Lawson on the outside, but then we're hurting out pass coverage over the middle. We need someone like Carpenter that can drop back and cover a RB or TE.
  15. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,294 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    I like Carpenter the best, but I would probably be happy with Carpenter, Lawson, Wimbley or Anderson.

I see Carpenter and Anderson as better SOLB prospects.
  16. speedkilz88

22,500 Messages
    2,260 Likes Received
    58 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks and he gets crapped on as not being a player? I get so tired of people saying this crap. Ware and Merriman got the same treatment last season.
  17. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I assume you mean Mark Anderson. I don't think he'll be a SOLB in the NFL, he's converting from DE in college.
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lawson = Pass rusher

Carpenter = Run stopper, tackler

Depends on what style BP and JJ want
  19. speedkilz88

22,500 Messages
    2,260 Likes Received
    Lawson does have LB experience and with 4.4 speed he should be able to cover in zone which is what 3-4 lbs do. Steelers LBs aren't going to cover any better.
  20. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,895 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    I think Carpenter is a great player and more NFL ready. I think his best position is ILB and he'd be a great ILB in our 3-4.
    However, we just signed Ayodele to play that position and I don't think Carpenter would be a great OLB. Lawson is a freakish athlete, freakish. I think Lawson could make a bigtime playmaking OLB. Lawson has more potential to be a fearsome passrusher and he definitely has the speed to run down Westbrook and Moss on all those stinkin screen passes.
    I was leaning towards Carpenter until we signed Ayodele, now I'm think Lawson. He could be a star and playing OLB, he'll have the freedom to use his instincts and athleticism.