1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Carr Cares: Cowboys Cornerback Has Feet On Ground, Even Without Stats In The Sky

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 5, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,163 Messages
    6,972 Likes Received
    Richie Whitt's 'Sportatorium' 105.3 The Fan | CBSDFW.COM

December 5, 2012 11:51 AM

On Saturday Brandon Carr’s friend committed suicide. On Sunday Brandon Carr was beaten for a touchdown pass by Riley Cooper.

On Tuesday Brandon Carr proved why the Dallas Cowboys signed him as a free agent last spring.

He promised to improve. He fought back tears. He talked honestly. He gave generously.

At the kickoff event for his Carr Cares Foundation, the $50 million cornerback agreed he wasn’t playing great football and admitted to struggling with the death of former Kansas City Chiefs teammate Jovan Belcher, all while putting on a happy face.

“Since I first got into the league I’ve wanted to do something to help kids,” Carr said before his red-carpet event at Addison Motorcars. “If my foundation can help just one little boy or girl with their education or fitness, then this will all be worth it. I know I can’t help them all, but I’m going to do what I can.”

And with that, Carr launched his foundation aimed at aiding children in Dallas and back home in Flint, Michigan. The event wasn’t a fundraiser, but more of a pre-emptive thank you. He paid for the entire shindig – food, live band, champagne, the works – out of his own pocket.

Read the rest: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/05/...feet-on-ground-even-without-stats-in-the-sky/
  2. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    What a great story, and I hope Carr can put this KS mess behind him even though it's gonna be tough for him.
  3. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,530 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Nice article I like Carr, he has given up some plays but I'm glad he is a Cowboy.
  4. GusTheo

GusTheo Active Member

166 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I don't think he's been bad by any stretch. He was gonna be overpaid pretty much no matter what. The Cowboys had no choice, they had to throw big money at him. At the end of the day we can't let that be the barometer of how we grade/judge him.

I think he's been about average so far. Hopefully he'll be able improve down the stretch run. I noticed that on the TD to Riley Cooper, it was a very similar TD he had given up early in the year. Eerily similar to the Sidney Rice TD against Sensbaugh. Great coverage, just not able to locate the ball. I feel like that is something that he'll be able to correct. If he was getting burnt all over the field, I'd be a bit more worried.