1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carr pick reminds me of Larry Brown in SB30

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by coyboy, Dec 17, 2012.

1. coyboy

coyboy Member

113 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Couldn't help but be reminded of Larry Brown's picks in Super Bowl 30 as Brandon Carr picked off Big Ben in OT yesterday.
  2. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,059 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Was a fantastic INT.
  3. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,440 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    The difference, though, is that Carr actually had to make a play on the ball. Larry Brown had those passes land right in his bread basket (on one of them there wasn't another player in the same zip code).
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,921 Messages
    5,328 Likes Received
    i still don't know how he didn't score. pretty unselfish for him to go down instead of extend the ball at the goalline and risk a fumble.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,059 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    He did score. It was a horrible spot.
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,945 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    I thought he did as well.
  7. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Carr made a great play on the ball, the larry brown pics were thrown right to him.
  8. coyboy

coyboy Member

113 Messages
    1 Likes Received

True....two weeks in a row for Carr. With everything going on, couldn't be happening for a better player right now!
  9. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    Like a number of other spots in the game - Steelers and the refs couldn't beat us this time. Was there even a detailed slow mo replay of the endzone lunge?
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,921 Messages
    5,328 Likes Received
    nah i don't think so. his knee was down before he extended the ball. the spot was off by a half yd but he still didn't score.
  11. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,465 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    I thought so too, but after rewatching the play I saw that his knee touched before he lunged forward,,, the 1 yd line was about right. How the Stealers managed going the entire game without a holding call is another matter....
  12. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    170 Likes Received
  13. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I agree that he did not score, but if he had just followed his blocker he would have been in

Great Pick and runback though - Incredible ending- I am just a bit irritated with him that I had to sit and watch 2 snaps, holds and kicks !!!!!
  14. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I don't think they know that holding the arms of defenders blitzing is a hold lol
  15. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    That is at least true - like Felix's late 3rd down run.
  16. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Active Member

791 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Me living in Missouri I seen Carr play at lot with Chiefs and he has been a great sign. Guy can tackle and cover great. I am so happy for him. Cheaps just let him walk and he has been gold for Cowboys.
  17. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Rapelisburger had been throwing at Carr alot last night...obviously he either had alot of faith in his WR or he didnt respect Carr. Either way, it bit him on the butt. It couldn't have happened to a better person or team...they're such a class organization and all.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,890 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    The picks by Brown in SB XXX came right to him any of us here could have caught those. Carr had to jump the route and dive after the ball that pick took timing and athleticism. Let's all be thankful that wasn't Terence Newman back there yesterday no way he would have made that play with his poor hands and ball skills. Newman's hands are so bad he probably would have dropped the 2 picks Brown made in the SB.

[YOUTUBE]rF-PRJBo9rc[/YOUTUBE]
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    My cousin actually had to make a play on the ball though. Larry Brown had the balls thrown right to him, LOL!
  20. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Not me. Carr broke on the ball and made a heck of a play. McDonald acted as if Brown was his receiver. The only things similar were the two teams playing.