1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carter in wrong position in this scheme

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by supercowboy8, Oct 3, 2013.

1. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,935 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    I don't believe he's a bust by any means. He just needs to understand the system and his execution will flow more smoothly.
  2. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,115 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Correct me, and I may really be mistaken, but wasn't Carter on Woodhead on that one TD where the ball was perfectly thrown? I mean, Carter was all over Woodhead but the ball was placed perfectly. You can't blame Carter for that.....
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    What Carter said " “I’ve just got to stay on top. Woodhead got out – he ran a great route, and the ball was placed perfectly,” Carter said. “It was a great throw and catch, but I’ve got to stay on top.”

I don't think he feels he was in the proper position but I don't think that one play caused the so called benching. Reason I say so called is because I still expect to see Carter on the field during this up coming game. Whatever issues he has had he will get a chance to redeem himself. I expect to see a highly motivated Carter this weekend.
  4. kruddy

kruddy Duffer

131 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Patience....We have one of the best, most experienced, most qualified coaching staffs on the planet, if we finish strong and the enthusiasm can be carried over to next year then just maybe......................Oh yea I forgot our G.M. was still here:rolleyes: An aneurysm<the job of our G.M.
  5. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Active Member Zone Supporter

485 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I'm not trying to pile on the guy, but even he admits that he had a very bad game. In Carter's own words:
    "I just wasn’t focused. I didn’t come out with a lot of spark. That’s just something I have to learn from."

“I was just all over the place, and I kind of didn’t read my keys like I should have, and I didn’t zone in and focus,” Carter said.
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2013/10/cowboys-appear-poised-to-bench-carter-in-favor-of-sims/
  6. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

905 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I hope he does after all those coaching years he's been through. Carter was an every down backer in college for a reason. Needs to be put in the best position in order for him to be great on this level.
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,213 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Well hopefully he got his lousy game out of his system & will play all world Sunday.