1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Carter's development as run defender in first full season pleases Garrett

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 27, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,350 Messages
    2,199 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

The Cowboys already knew linebacker Bruce Carter’s speed gave them a good chance to match up in coverage.

But he also gave them run defense, a dimension coach Jason Garrett welcomed.

“I think the area where we felt like he really developed was just as a run player, a guy who can play downhill, who can read and react, and just his ability to make plays all over the field,” Garrett said at his Monday press conference.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...der-in-first-full-season-pleases-garrett.html
  2. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JG should worry about the offense, which he can worry about taking credit for when it improves a little. Rob Ryan is the coach of this defense.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,457 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Carter did step up big time and looks to be the real deal inside. Finally no more retreads at ILB.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,798 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    Carter is the man... Carter and Lee next year in the middle!
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,552 Messages
    2,728 Likes Received
    Just can't let it go, huh?
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

6,735 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
    he is just trying to grab credit where he sees an opening because he is the architect of a failing offense that everyone with a modicum of sense can see is floundering, largely due to his ineptitude
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Hopefully they can stay healthy, if so they have the ability to be the best duo in the NFL.
  8. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just can't let the love for Garrett go either.. so tell me, JG is picking defensive players now, but can't pick any talent on the side he's supposedly a genius of.. Kevin Ogletree...
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,552 Messages
    2,728 Likes Received
    This post is barely readable, and I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's a thread about Bruce Carter, so I mentioned that you're getting carried away trying to make it about Jason Garrett.

I don't understand why you went the Kevin Ogletree direction, so I'm not going to bother to try to come up with a sensible reply.

Anyway. Glad to hear that Carter's run defense has progressed nicely.
  10. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,561 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    He's the head coach and has every right to comment on Carter. He should be excited about Carters improved ability. Also, he used "we" and did not take full credit.
  11. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't you love when JG tried to get credit for Romo's performance against the Cleveland Browns, by arguing that TR took what they gave him and played within the system. This was accompanied by JJ talking about the 'beautiful' adjustments in the second half of that game.

Yet, JG suddenly became silent when it came to Romo and his 'staying withing a system' that netted them 3 points against a Washington defene, and when Romo went outside the system, they suddenly started scoring in bunches.