1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

casmith07's Cornerback Big Board

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by casmith07, Feb 1, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Until very recently, there was the open road exemption to driving speed. On open stretches, without crossing traffic, one could LEGALLY open it up to as high as he felt safe. AS in the Auto Bahn today, where outside of built up areas, NO SPEED LIMIT IS PUNISHABLE. Only hazardous driving. ;)
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    For the analy retentives and Cliff Note chained, I already stated in thread that I lived in Texas....
  3. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,413 Messages
    105 Likes Received

I honestly think you just come on here to argue with people. Lol
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I only argue when i hear stupid crap being said.. what about what i said here don't you agree with?

Both charges are misdemeanors that result in small fines. One has the potential to injure just as many people as the other.

What's the huge difference between the two?
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,539 Messages
    1,861 Likes Received
    Shhhh. You'll give it away.
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    We might start in culpability differences in intent...and then go into differences in conduct. One depending upon drug interaction with a variety of physical conditions per individual. The other meriting considerations upon conditions at site as well as skill of the participant. Skill with drugs is a minor part, and beyond control of even the skilled. Difference?
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    You're welcome to come up with a reasonable answer to that question as well, if you can.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    lol

Differences in intent meaning what? When you smoke marijuana.. what is the harmful intent there? Should it even matter?

If you smoke marijuana, the most that will usually happen is that by getting high you can damage some brain cells.. although its been proven to be less harmful to you and others then cigarette smoke, which is perfectly legal. Unless you get in a car to drive, the risk of hurting others is minimal at best.

If you speed, the risk of hurting others is at least equal, if not greater.. although i know we all think we're great drivers.

So again, what is the big difference? You could make a very reasonable argument that speeding is a worse infraction than smoking a little marijuana based on the risk of what consequences could come of both actions. Because one is perfectly "normal" and accepted in our society and the other is frowned upon doesn't make one more right than the other.
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Not so fast...as you attempt to explain away rather than delve into ramifications. The intent of the person using drugs, at onset, is to break the law. Responsibility expands into immediate support of illegal activities. As described in thread, speed alone does not carry that inhibition, unless where prohibited by a speed limit.

But your association as the 'guilty' party being limited to the user, is from the start....wrong. It takes the illegal business and organized element to provide the product from it's onset. OR, you are admiting to a much more serious and criminal offense of growing your own. Allowed ONLY by a licensed facility.

Who do you attempt to fool here?

By condoning a current toker, one is at the same stroke legitimizing The Zeta and it's cross border murders, crime, and corruptions reaching up all the way to every major city in the Country. To include NEW YORK CITY.

One is still responsible for his own actions. Even if by omission. He should resonably know the attached considerations as well...at least at law.

Speed alone, doesn't involve mass corruption. There is danger ONLY when speed includes hazardous conduct. Not all speed, as noted, is a criminal event, or hazardous beyond one's self. Unlike illicit drug use.

It was shown that speed alone is not always against law. It is when additional, and expanded environmental factors are included, that endangerment to others enter the picture..and subject to a punitive type of control.

If speed alone was by nature, dumb enough to be inherently an aspect of intent for criminal action, then why has Europe operated without a speed limit on highways/autobahns.....for decades. Why? They are too far beneath American standards?

Holland as well as medicinal use of marijuana may have legal standing, but there are criminal actions in any outside of legalized purposes. Blackmarket still hits behind bars there as well.

The two aren't the same in either intent, or in application of merit for severity of damage.

Reckless driving is another story, and that can occur at much lower speeds and for many more diverse incident specific causes than just speed.

Speed alone doesn't injure or cause harm. Want completely uncontrolled and world breaking speed? Find a salt flat...speed still isn't against the law there.

Nor is there an associated criminality in it's execution. The same can NOT be stated for maijuana and it's use against a sanctioned use. Football players wanting to go into the NFL NOWHERE are protected by such a stance.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,539 Messages
    1,861 Likes Received
    Why waste my time when you will undoubtedly disagree?
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    The intent in smoking pot isn't to break the law.. its to get high.

Just as people who speed don't do so with the intent of breaking the law.. the do it with the intent of getting somewhere faster.

In both cases the parties who do it are aware they are breaking the law.. they just don't care.

Try again..
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    You'd be wasting your time anyway, because there isn't a rational answer to it.

When you speed.. you break the law.

When you smoke weed.. you break the law.

Both result in small fines.

So somebody tell me why one is normal or fine to do and the other is some huge character stain? There's no rational answer to that question, only that one is accepted as a "norm" in our society and the other isn't. There's nothing rational about it.
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Naw, just knee deep in another's crap and cornerbacks....;)
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Oh, how manly a view...and when you slap your woman, you teach her manners also...right? :cool:

Not all speed is illegal...so hence, no fine. But, illicit drug use always comes with punishments. You miss the part where it goes beyond the person involved, and does show damage.

What if a person's life and an ambulance involved, is it LEGAL to 'speed' to save a life? You miss again...you could expand personal abuse, to include prostitution as well. That IS legal in parts of the US and most of the world...now, why wouldn't that be a controlled element in American society?

The abstract act becomes an element of adult choice, and even a basic physiological drive of all people. Not the same grounds as a controlled substance. No matter the degree that your own sentiments render those types of actions.

Speed itself, is not criminal. If so, how would a capsule then be allowed by into the atmosphere at speeds at rentry, that requires a very sophisticated insulation from burning from friction with AIR? If Speed was the same crime, as you perport, then why isn't NASAU in prison?

Strike three, you're out...and don't have an argument or stance as you have taken direction.

Speed, itself, is non punishable. Illicit drug use....is. Back to the opening statement, it was by Cas, who stated that he was guilty of speeding. Heck, back in the seventh grade, I would speed in a running race as well.

That doesn't apply to a topic of vehicular movement, inclusive of speed, or an illegal action with a controlled substance.

Prove in ANY jurisdiction, that SPEED, is a criminal action. That has to have qualifiers with EXEMPTIONS. Not incidents within controlled areas involved in organized crime and drug abuses.

You want uncontrolled speed in a 'controlled' jurisdiction, one merely goes to a race track and can see top end all he wants....without criminal sanctions. Wrong again.

Your case, as presented, fails....
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    This will help in a last ditch target identification situation: 'Watch, MY tracers.....:D
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    How do you think this involves me being sexist at all now? You really are insane arn't you?

When you speed, you put more people's lives in danger than when you simply smoke weed. So yes, lets go beyond the person who's doing the action, because that was my intent all along.

When most people speed, they do so carelessly.. not thinking about what consequences their actions could involve, and how easily it is for something to happen, someone to pull out of nowhere, etc.. that could cause an accident. There's enough risk when you aren't speeding of this, but you add more to it when you do speed.

When you smoke wee, as most people do by themselves or with friends at home, you pose almost zero risk to anyone else.

So yes, when thinking of others.. speeding is more careless and a worse offense than possession of marijuana.

Both are illegal.. and the people that do each know that, they just don't care.

Wana guess how many people die or how many bad crashes are caused as a result of people speeding in relation to how many die from smoking marijuana?

Its not even close..
  17. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    The worst to best in Kitchen Cuisine...from the depths of culinary inadequacy, we have the very worst of cooking skills. Get that, 'cooking skills?'

Now monitor for sudden symptoms, watch for asthma problems that requires cortical inhalents...which might require medical or even hospital interventions. Toking has NO individual harm?

If individual harm were anywhere involved in criminal action, then why are not alcoholics put in prison for merely killing their livers? There IS intent with self consumption, when criminal actions attach...but if you are into burning all that goes on the oven....hey, you'll still pay price for it. Either at market or in a burnt product.

If you truely think that criminal mindsets belong in the NFL, as a cornerback, then you are fooling yourself AND ignoring facts. At law, OR on the field....

Speed doesn't kill, reckless driving does. Illicit drug trade kills thousands in these borders and more outside of the same borders. Illicit drug trade propels ALL the major crime familes....ALL OF THEM. Where exactly does Marijuana sit? High up the list...so you do the DUMB math again....

and you have just been CHOPPED!

Don't even come again with it's all in the sauce...as your plate long ago was lame.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Yup. You totally got me there man.

:rolleyes:
  19. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Wow, stating fact and not taking cheap shots is getting someone.

You are really a degenerant piece here...and proud of that fact alone.

Let's just see here...do YOU break the law and support illicit drug useage and those corrupt organizations that support almost all of it?

Let's get it out here...if you have the cajunas.

I DON'T....and don't condone the illegal business behind almost all of it around the world.

Come on hotshot, let's go...speed has it's place, medicinal useage does as well. I have to respect law. But right is still that, and illegal useage DOES NOT have the same place.

I provided more than seven examples where speeding is NOT criminal. That twarts your stance that they are co-equal in damage. They are NOT.

That part is unarguable. To even claim it is a matter of individual abuse in comparison. Is totally bogus. Individuals are allowed to play football, drink booze to abuse, and play destruction derby in cars.

Speed alone is NOT illegal as well. Some conditions of it are...but that comes with adult sense and clarification of law. Not hiding from it...and real criminality...and that DOES include intent.

Speed, doesn't equal to criminal intent...or ambulances, police cars, fire trucks, railroads, space capsules, racetracks, and speed testing areas would be outlawed. They aren't. As to most individuals being hazardous if involved in speed, that would cross out a whole European Continent and it's Autobahns. Responsibility can cover a lot of situations....lack of responsibility, doesn't.

Any matter in extenuation, or individual use does NOT mitigate criminality with a controlled substance. There are major differences....now, run along...
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Speeding and possession of marijuana are both illegal.

Both have similar penalties.

Both arn't criminal offenses in some cases (as irrelevant as that is).

Speeding poses more of a risk to injure others than smoking marijuana does.

That is all. Cue the insanity..