1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CB Peterson perfect fit for Dallas -- if still undrafted

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 1, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,084 Messages
    5,614 Likes Received
    By Clark Judge
    CBSSports.com Senior Writer
    Feb. 28, 2011Tell Clark your opinion!

INDIANAPOLIS -- If you're the Dallas Cowboys you hope nobody takes LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson before the ninth pick of the draft. The Cowboys need a cornerback, Peterson is the best one in the draft and Dallas plays in a division where it's trying to catch Philadelphia.

But good luck, guys, because you're going to need help here. Peterson is a top-five talent who can run, has the size you want at the position and can return kicks. There's a premium on people like that. Plus, there are clubs in line ahead of Dallas that could use him.

Read more: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...corner-peterson-to-be-hot-item-on-draft-board
  2. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

472 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    whatever, I am more than happy to grab him if he is still at #9. However, I would not give up farm for him. It is funny the author used green bay packers as a model. Charles Woodson was a FA signing. Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, and Jarret Bush were all UNDRAFTED free agents. Packers did not spend a single draft pick on their top four CBs, let alone a top 10 first round pick. They just have better coaching.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's about coaching... Dave Campo stinks at coaching DB's, I thought he was good but over these past couple of years it's been horrible.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,302 Messages
    2,717 Likes Received
    The Cowboys don't NEED a cornerback, but the pick would immediately upgrade the secondary.

I like Peterson as a FS in Dallas. I like Brandon Harris better as a "pure" CB. Ras-I Dowling is underrated as well. Good cover skills, good tackler.
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is so funny.

Nice job parrots. :)