1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cba

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Steven_81, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Steven_81

Steven_81 New Member

161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone knows if they are gonna gome to an agreement??? When could they??
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    790 Likes Received
  3. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    The Magistrate doing the mediation told the two sides to take a break because of his docket. They won't resume until May 16th.

Judge Susan Nelson will decide before then if she is lifting the lockout.

U.S. District Judge David Doty has scheduled a hearing for May 12 on the players’ request for damages after he ruled in March that the NFL did not maximize revenues for both sides when it renegotiated $4 billion in TV contracts with the labor dispute looming.

That's pretty much the news up to today. Nothing good in any of this.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    Hello

[IMG]
  6. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,422 Messages
    1,907 Likes Received
    The best anyone can hope now is for the trade association's litigation to work its magic. That'll force the owners to re-open their doors and allow the players' return to work.

Football operations would then be back to 2010 standards. The solution to the REAL problem (e.g. a new collective bargaining agreement) will still be unresolved.

How long will that take? When all negotiation obstacles are removed and real compromise is finally met, it'll happen. In the meantime, don't hold your breath. :)
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,241 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    Hey, nice post, and thanks for joining in...:starspin
  8. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,241 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    Instead of a Cowboy jersey I would now request an electronic compression shirt with DeMarcus Ware's number upon it. :)
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,601 Messages
    5,513 Likes Received
  10. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

869 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    As expected, here comes the world of European styled NFL. No cap, no draft, and no parity. Only 3 or 4 well-heeled teams will compete for the championship each year. Several NFL teams will go under.

Good thing though... Dallas may be one of the competing teams.
  11. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I think the agreement is scheduled for Saturday, around 2:15.
  12. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,422 Messages
    1,907 Likes Received
    You are so wrong for that. :muttley:
  13. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,458 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I just had to post in this thread because of the Epic thread title. I don't have any cool pictures, though. Maybe I could use some smilies.
    :)
    ;)
    Did that work?
  14. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,214 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Best topic of the week
  15. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,839 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    These things often come down to the wire and fact is we are still about 4-5 months away from that drop dead last minute where we will see some real consequences if no deal is reached.

That first March deadline (plus the 1-week extension) was a joke (despite the fact that the media spent the entire day running around like their hair was on fire). So was the April 6th deadline, as well as any subsequent rulings and appeals coming this summer.

As mentioned in multiple news articles today, the league can start October 2nd and still play a full 16 game schedule. So the REAL deadline is probably early to mid September.
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    The absolute most perfect answer. This thread should have been closed and stickied after this post.
  17. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    If that is the latest before any real consequences as you stated, what would be the absolute soonest? The only reason I ask is that I have read in a few places that if the judge rules in favor of the players, which she most likely will, it could force the NFL to lift the lockout and then apparently talks will resume on May 16th which would open up FA. Then I also read that there will be absolutely nothing until they resume their talks in May...

:bang2: