1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cbz40 Game Day Thread | Dallas Cowboys 7 Philadelphia Eagles 34 | FINAL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DallasEast, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,968 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    What about 3-4?
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I would have been pissed if they called a TO. Would have been stupid. just play and let the clock run out and leave with as little injuries as possible.
  3. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,729 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    There's a credo in sports that says you don't play against the score, you play against the game.
  4. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Romo has had a few bad passes this game, but without heroics on his part we'd be scoreless. It is entirely unrealistic for me or anyone to expect perfect accuracy with the sort of breakdowns in protection we had tonight.

We would have finished with 14 if our receivers hadn't bungled it for two snaps in a row and the Eagles hadn't gotten away with a blatant PI.

It's real hard to blame the game on him when he was quickly sacked three times within the first quarter due to poor line play and the defense started us 14 in the hole. Of course, I don't suspect that will keep certain anti-homers such as yourself from trying.
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,254 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    Mediocre.
  6. johnny utah

johnny utah Guest

WR are the last of our problems
  7. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    The few times the camera zero'd in on Dez tonight, frankly, it just didn't look like he was getting any separation.

I know he is physical beyond belief, however, in the NFL you have to get separation. Dez honestly looks like he only has one gear to me. I'm not saying that gear is 'slow', however, elite WRs have multiple gears (typically).
  8. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,553 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    To say the least..
  9. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,203 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    what about it?
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,450 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Right, any given Sunday. But that still doesn't make the Rams a good team. There's a reason they're 1-6.

So why would you be confused that we steamrolled the Rams yet played poorly against the Eagles? The reason is because the Eagles are a better team than the Rams. Just because the Rams got it right one Sunday doesn't change that.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Really?

There's nothing between passing and kneeling down that would allow the cowboys to run out the clock and get the hell out of Philly?
  12. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I miss Andre Gurode at center...
  13. faninjersey

faninjersey Member

63 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    My goodness! I'm glad that it is over. We looked like JV playing Varsity tonight. When was the last time we won a prime time game. We have a knack for getting blasted for the whole world to see. Embarassing.... Embarassing.... EMBARASSING!!!!
  14. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Active Member

369 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Just stumbled in after a few drinks...
  15. CowboysPhan

CowboysPhan Obsequious Cowboys Toadie

447 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    ^^^^^
    I think this sums up the situation perfectly.
  16. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,523 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    Hey troll we won one in Week 3. Get lost.
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,203 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    I would think you would run the ball and run out the clock instead of trying to prove something against a defense that quit 10 minutes ago.
  18. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Drag the game out to attempt what a 34-14 final?

Just practicing the 2 minute drill and hoping to avoid a stupid and useless injury is more the case. Why drag it out with time outs? Not sure I understand the point, the statement, the affect on the game? Injury under those circumstances would irritate me to death.
  19. johnny utah

johnny utah Guest

me to
  20. Dez88Bryant

Dez88Bryant New Member

25 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey I would be all for putting some of this blame on romo tonight, but no way with defense letting them score points on 6 straight drives, then on first two drives for romo, tyron smith had breakdowns on two straight downs to cause a punt, then next drive bennett lets ball go threw his hands, which turns into a int. Plus let not talk about the avg at best oline play tonight.