1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chad Jackson's Stock Rising Today!!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Parrothead, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Parrothead

Parrothead New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ran VERY FAST at the combine today. Officially ran a 4.32. He did struggle with weaving on the gauntlet drill but caught all of the passes. Stock is rising today to late 1st, early 2nd.
  2. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Combine hype... here it comes.

He does have one of the better builds of the WRs. Very similar to T.O.
    But his hands don't look as good as I thought.

I'm still liking my boy, Avant.
  3. Parrothead

Parrothead New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't see Avant's 40 time. What did he run today? Also didn't like what I heard about him at the Senior Bowl, that he was very inconsistent in catching the ball. I want a speed receiver who can stretch the field.
  4. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,070 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree he looked very good, definitely raised his stock in the draft. You try not to put too much into the combine but the kid looked really good.
  5. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    40 time, schmorty time...

I don't know it either but I'm sure it was average. He's not an exceptionally fast receiver. But he's good at everything and I think he's a solid option with high character. His hands are phenomenal. He jsut had a bad day or two at the Senior Bowl.
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,824 Messages
    1,084 Likes Received
    Jackson is lining up to becoming the best in the draft at the wr position. His 40 time is off the chart, and his Senior challenge, he was a man amongst boys.

Caught everything in sight, and won all the catch & speed drills.
  7. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,217 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Straight line speed is always nice. It is a measureable that can obviously help a prospect's stock, but the ability to get offf the line and run crisp routes would seem just as important to me. Maybe moreso.
  8. Kevlee06

Kevlee06 New Member

470 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chad made himself alot of money today.
  9. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Or a bad season or three at Michigan. TERRIBLE hands.
  10. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,397 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yeah, I was never sold on Avant either. overrated his entire career there...

I think Chad Jackson has the most potential out of the WRs in this draft. I think S Holmes is the most polished guy right now but Jackson has a lot more potential to possibly become a #1 WR, something Holmes will never be. Jackson is at least going to be a very deadly #2 WR. I think both guys will be gone in the first easily.
  11. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chad Jackson has the body of a young T.O. let's just hope not the mouth LOL. He's clearly the most gifted WR in the entire draft in my opinion, he's a big guy that runs all the routes.
  12. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fast and strong, good combo.
  13. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    But the thing about this is that Jackson is every bit quick as he is fast. He put that on display during the CFB All Star Event. During an almost obstacle course like run, going under trampolines and over pylons, he beat out Sinorice Moss in that event as well.

I don't doubt Chad's game quickness at all.
  14. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

783 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hey now i saw Avant drop 1 or 2 i think. And for Jackson i didnt see any drops of what i saw ;).

EDIT: I take that back as that wasnt Avant.
  15. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Saying Santonio will never be a #1 if flat out speculation. That thinking is about 3 years old now. Why because he's 5'11". I bet alot of people said the same things about Steve Smith and Santana Moss as well.
  16. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

783 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Guy that looks to me to be a #1 and very solid is Chad Jackson. If he was there (which i doubt) our 2nd round pick, i would love to have him. It would be a dream come true ;).
  17. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    We would be lucky if he was there at 18, he might have just become the top rated reciever in this years draft.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,214 Messages
    1,310 Likes Received
    I still say that about Santana Moss because it's true. As for Steve Smith, well, Holmes is no Smith IMO. I like Jackson better then Holmes right now.
  19. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas hasn't drafted an offinsive player since '97 and the longer we keep passing up playmaking weapons at the skill positions the longer this team will continue to rely on stop gap talent, and cast offs.

I don't know who the QB will be in 2-3 years but the cupboard will be rather bare with out a #1 WR developing.
  20. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think Moss is a true number one,but he's pretty close with guys like Quincy and Brunell who can throw deep. I too, like Jackson better than Holmes. I have a feeling he could be a very big time receiver in the NFL with a qb whose arm is stronger than Chris Leak's.