1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Charles Woodson dropped the N bomb on NFLN

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CyberB0b, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,476 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Anyone catch it? Seemed uncomfortable.
  2. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
  3. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,095 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    I didn't know someone could say that on TV and get away with it, black or not.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    Do you watch MTV?
  5. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    I wish we didn't empower that word the way we do. It's a word with a terrible history that none of us lived. The more we focus on it, the more life it breaths.

Just like cuss words, it's a default fallback word for the uneducated and unwashed. It says so much more about the person using it than the person it's directed to. It's powerless, unless you give it power, and because we do, it provides a crutch for the bitterly hateful and the habitual victim, simultanesouly.
    ologan and WV Cowboy like this.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    I'll never understand people's fascination with "bad words". Just like in training camp when we saw some of the beat guys chiming in on twatter everytime they heard a player use a "swear word".. why do people care so much?

Its like we're all a bunch of 5 year olds running around on the playground.

Its a word.. just like any other word. There are so many more important things going on.
    laythewood28 likes this.
  7. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,095 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Never
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,182 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    I understand why blacks in particular black males use the word often because it it taking it back from the white man who used it against them, an empowerment thing so to speak. However, if blacks stopped using it, then it might go away. It is still in today's vocabulary because you hear it in rap songs, etc

This tempest in a teapot will die out shortly but if Woodson were a white man, he would have to meet with Roger Robespierre, go through racism hurts others training, publicly apologize and possibly would lose his job. It is like that woman on food network who said it 30 years ago and was trashed over it.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,182 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    I never said it was ok to use it, but when I said it would go away if it wasn't used by the people who hate it the most, you told me I had no right to tell another what word they can use if I am not in their cultural group.

I do note though that you conveniently ignored my question.
  10. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,737 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    The N word is significantly different than the example that you gave so I ignored it purposefully because it was a stupid and ignorant example.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.