1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Charlie Casserly... WT...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He could possibly end up being the sole reason NFL Network is my 2nd option today for viewing..

Does anyone find his him as annoying and clueless as a draft analyst as I do?

Berman...Casserly...Berman...Casserly

McShay...Sanders...McShay...Sanders

Kiper...Mayock...Kiper...Mayock

Werder...Rapoport...Werder...Rapoport
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Yeah, I like it when he talks about a player, but he doesn't seem to know much about what the teams might do and his mock draft just sounded weird.
  3. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

890 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    I'll probably flip back and forth, but the only one on NFLN that makes me roll my eyes in Deion. I like Mayock a lot more than Kiper. And Irvin is always fun to watch as a 'Boys fan.
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    He's kind of annoying but Mayock is the worst and I love how they label him a draft guru on nfln. Is he really? Lol
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,368 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    NFLN all the way
  6. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,050 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    He selected Brockers at 14 with Barron still on the board. Barron goes 16th to the Jets.

The other analysts all said there's no way Cowboys pass Barron at 14th.

I think Barron will be there at 14.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? Wherever he's been, whatever he's done, his percentage is like a meteorologist.

-- Bill Belichick
  8. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

285 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Maybe it's just me but when Casserly or Sundquist are on NFLN talking draft I pay attention. I have a lot of respect for those who have actually made the decisions inside a war room. I may not always agree with what they are saying but I'm always interested when they explain why they are saying it.
  9. DEZBRYANT x88x

DEZBRYANT x88x Caps8Cowboys41

2,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hate Berman.. Hate Casserly.. Like Mayock,Kiper and McShay. But in the End it'll be NFL Network. Rapport is a Moron too. Havent Heard much from Werder in awhile. I guess he lost all his reports after T.O left.
  10. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,881 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I absolutely hate Berman with a passion. So that will pretty much keep me with NFLN for the most part. Maybe this will be the year he doesn't pull his "a little birdie told me" "i'm guessing the pick is__" nonsense. Just because somebody is feeding you who the pick will be doesn't mean we need to know from you. Pretty sure we can wait the extra 3 1/2 seconds for the commish to do it.
  11. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'd much rather listen to Bill Polian. Charlie Casserly is off his rocker half of the time.
  12. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,214 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    Casserly just said he is Cy Young performing on the NFLN draft shows today.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    I don't know Casserly's full record that well, but I do know he got hosed in Houston just b/c he didn't take the media and crowd favorite.

The got grilled him alive for not taking Mario Williams instead of Vince Young.
    Of course, he made the right call and it wasn't close.

I also know he took New Orleans to the cleaners when he was Washington.
    He got possibly the most lobsided deal in history trading down from 5th to 12th pick: he got New Orleans entire 1999 draft plus their 1st and 3rd round pick the next year. He then still got Champ Bailey with that 12th pick.

I know he also drafted guys like Andre Johnson, Demecco Ryans, Owen Daniels, etc. And he built the Hogs in Washinton.

Like all GMs, he's had some big misses too.
  14. DFWJC

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    That was funny, but that all stems from Belichick getting butsed for SpyGate.
  15. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Active Member

1,214 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'll listen to Norm online and have the TV muted on NFL network. I'll flip to ESPN at times during commercials.
  16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,820 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Casserly SUCKS. Plain and simple and he knows nothing. His only success with Skins was with another guys players. In Houston he was garbage.

I happened to live in Houston when the Texans started again and Casserly had his time there. Not only was a terrible talent evaluator and drafter but the guy was supremely defensive in a bitter, old man kind of way and when he got trashed by others he would just attack. Couldn't stand the guy and it is laughable he even talks talent now. He claims to have picked Mario Williams before leaving but he had already been essentially neutered and they had Dan Reeves helping them.
  17. Dcowboy84

Dcowboy84 Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    ESPN generally causes my stomach to churn so i'll stick to NFLN

i do agree that there are some annoying personalities on NFLN but if it keeps me away from Werder it's worth it.

although this Ian Rapaport (sp?) guy is a chore....is it just me or when he is on camera does he seem like a high school student reading a script who doesn't know how to enunciate or what syllables and words to emphasize in a sentence? it's embarassing
  18. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,047 Messages
    59 Likes Received

How on Gods green Earth, do you like Todd McShay?!?!? He sucks!
  19. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,876 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Mayock is the only one worth his salt. I also believe he does this year round as opposed to the other ***-hats who seem to throw it together the weekend before.......in 10 minute spurts. Between golf rounds.
  20. DFWJC

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    You don't think Kiper does this year around?
    That dude eats and sleeps this stuff and has for two decades.