1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chiefs on verge of hiring Reid

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 3, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,804 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    The Kansas City Chiefs are on the verge of a deal to make Andy Reid their next head coach, according to league sources.
    There still are minor details to work out, but after nine hours of meetings Wednesday, one source involved in the talks said "the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon."

One source close to Reid said this morning, "This is going to happen fast." The two sides spent the day Wednesday meeting at a private airport in the Philadelphia area. Reid had been scheduled to fly to Arizona to speak to Cardinals officials about their head-coaching opening, but talks progressed with the Chiefs to the point where no hangups are expected.
    The Chiefs' contingent of officials included owner Clark Hunt, general manager Scott Pioli, executive Ryan Petkoff and president Mark Donovan, who used to work in Philadelphia with Reid.
    By the end of the day, the expectation among the parties in attendance was that a deal would be wrapped up. One assistant coach aligned with Reid even told ESPN on Thursday morning that he is going to Kansas City, not Arizona. Once the deal is finalized, the next question in Kansas City will shift to the future of Pioli. Reid is expected to want to bring his own personnel men to Kansas City, which does not bode well for the future of Pioli. Reid worked in Philadelphia with former Browns general manager Tom Heckert, who is expected to be one candidate. Reid also is best friends with Packers director of football operations John Dorsey, who has interviewed for other general manager jobs in the past.
    The Chiefs fired coach Romeo Crennel on Monday after a 2-14 season.
  2. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...goes if he can settle the situation with his family he will be a good coach.

KC and Arrowhead may be just the place for him to start new.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,371 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    Too bad there is no #1 QB worth picking like last year. But KC is a good place for Reid.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,676 Messages
    2,203 Likes Received
    KC has some talent and Reid is a very good QB coach

QBs thrive in his system

He will develop Matt Cassell into a good QB (just like his one year in NE) and he will likely pick up Kolb for back-up once Arizona cuts him
  5. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    AZ won't be cutting Kolb. Bidwell already stated he isn't yet ready to give up on him.

They should have drafted OLINE last year instead of Michael Floyd and they are in good position to get a good one this draft.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,015 Messages
    9,096 Likes Received
  7. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,034 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    good for reid, but most of all... good for US! he is no longer in our divison!
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I think Reid should have taken a year off to clear himself.

Then again, maybe he didnt want to. Keep the mind off things.

I think he flirted too much with chumps. Vick, Jackson, Samuel for a bit.

Seems like he was chasing that final piece and compromised on character to get over the hump. Didnt work and ended up with far too many head cases and it bit him.

He's going to a team with a great back like McCoy. KC might make moves if they get a QB.
  9. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

286 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What the hell, he finally leaves the NFC East and the Redskins still have to play against an Andy Reid coached team next year.
  10. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hey! You are on a Cowboys board posting this. Doing my nice thing for the day and handing out gentle reminders where I can.

Reminding you skin fans you don't have to be here. You can keep it @ your house all day every day.

Thanks
    Happy New Year
    Bye
  11. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

286 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Bah, that's why I posted in the NFL zone and not the Fan zone! :)
  12. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,435 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Well all do next year. You known a KC/Philly game could be primetime.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,239 Messages
    133 Likes Received

Why would it be primetime and both franchises are in rebuild mode???
  14. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,906 Messages
    2,719 Likes Received
    The Chiefs travel to Philly to play in 2013.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,239 Messages
    133 Likes Received

I think it was reported the eagles go to KC

At KC
    AT SD
    Oak
    Den
  16. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Wouldnt surprise me if he picks Geno with the 1st pick then.