1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chiefs release Brandon Flowers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by davey999, Jun 13, 2014.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,727 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    For the same reason. Their pass rush fell apart when their two PB rushers were injured.
  2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,542 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Agreed and yet more reasoning behind our frugality will be the inclination to wisely save some of our modest financial resources for the resignings of contracts for Tyron and Dez. Both are expected to get something around top five numbers at their positions. The estimated amounts for WR is about 11 mil, while the one for a LT is about 15 million dollars. I imagine they'll both be either resigned or proactively extended. In any event, they won't come cheap. It's just a matter of time.
  3. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

20,005 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    Add me to the list of people that think, with regard to the defensive side of the ball, Jerry should continue to kick all tires.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

14,797 Messages
    6,580 Likes Received
    They could give them new contracts without affecting the 2014 cap if they needed to do it that way.

I wouldn't spend any money on free agents now, but they could easily do it if they wanted to.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

14,797 Messages
    6,580 Likes Received
    Yes, that why I said he is more interesting than many players that are linked to the Cowboys in these types of threads.

FYI - Good to see that you survived the Cowboys not trading up for Aaron Donald. :D
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,501 Messages
    3,243 Likes Received
    Well, I had the razor on my wrist, but luckily, I decided that Martin was a good enough player to stick around for.

Honestly, Martin is a fantastic player and I'm happy to have him on the team.

Still think Donald would have been great in this scheme, but I've moved on.
  7. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,453 Messages
    905 Likes Received