1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Children's Shows in Palestine...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Aug 1, 2007.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Saw a similar one a few months ago, I think it was a few months ago.

It was basically the same type of hate rhetoric but the character was a blatant rip off of Mickey Mouse.

The hate rhetoric aside I just found it ironic that they would rip off Mickey Mouse. I guess the idea that they hate western ideals and such but pick a character to rip off that is a huge part of Americana.

Just crazy.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,837 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    And these are the people you claim hate us because of Iraq, brain?
  4. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Do you claim they hate us for our freedoms? Do you really think these people hate us for our freedoms?

Iraq is just one SMALL part of it.

Shall I give you a long list of things or would you like to drop it before it makes you look bad?
  5. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,042 Messages
    145 Likes Received

It's one thing when the bad evil guy is way way over there, but far different when he comes gunning through your neighborhood.
  6. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    These people hate us, because we aren't Muslim. They also hate us, because we support a Jewish state in the Middle East. I doubt this group would hate us any less if we were not in Iraq.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    And they hate use because we stick our nose in their business, have used them to do our dirty work, try to dictate policy, nation build, help put dictators in power and so on.

As I said Iraq is just a SMALL part of it.

However I have heard time and time again that they just hate us for our freedom...which is silly.
  8. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Basically, I have no reason to make this post, but I will anyway.

As already summed up by brainpaint, they hate us because we continue to interfere in the Middle East, where we are not wanted.

Only truly naive (and I am putting this politely, there is a much better word I would love to use) people think its because of our 'freedoms.'

We interfere with the Middle East. Regardless of whether or not we are doing the correct thing....it matters not. We were involved with Kuwait/Iraq (rightfully so, IMO)...but once again, for appearance purposes, it was the "west" sticking their nose into Middle Eastern affairs.

Since then, we've deployed troops into Afghanistan and Iraq. Again, it doesn't matter if you view these as justifiable.

The perception is, we are interfering.

And if that wasn't enough, we continue to back Israel (which for the record, most of the time, I agree with). But again, it doesn't endear us too well with the rest of the Middle East.

We sell weapons to countries to help overthrow regimes (Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq) and because of this constant "mainstay" that has been our foreign policy over there, we are hated.
  9. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The group making these films are Palestinian. If you read the stuff at the bottom, you can clearly see that their anger is directed at Isreal and anyone supporting Isreal. The biggest problem they have with Isreal is that they are not Muslim.
  10. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    They have problems with that Israel was simply "plopped" into their area, taking away land from them.

They have problems with territorial disputes over Gaza, Golan Heights, etc stemming from past wars.

They have problems with Israel not adhering to UN Resolutions (though admittedly, this is hilarious, since some in that region are ignoring them as well - see Hezbollah)

There are plenty of reasons (and yes, some are very unjustifiable) they hate Israel.
  11. burmafrd

41,837 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    They are TAUGHT to hate us. By their media, government, school teachers, religious leaders, etc.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Are they taught to hate us for our freedoms?
  13. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Yeah.

But "WHY" are they taught that.

You can't solve anything until you learn to understand the reasoning behind it.
  14. burmafrd

41,837 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Blaming it all on us is so easy for some of you. Its no one elses fault except ours. We have contributed to it- but we are far from the only reason and probably not even the main reason.
  15. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    No one is blaming it all on us.

Would love to see you conjure up a quote where someone did, but as usual, when stuck, you go back to generalizing.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Yep...too bad people just don't get it.
  17. burmafrd

41,837 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Lest see: jterrel, Brain, Vintage. All of you seem to beleive its mostly our fault.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received

You are like a broken record version of Hannity and Rudy.

You just don't get it.

Just because we give someone a reason to hate us, does not give them a legit excuse to attack us.

However if you want to break down why they hate us than yes we are partially responsible for them HATING us...not responsible for them ATTACKING us.

It really is not hard to figure out, although you try to make it. Actually not sure if you don't really get it or if you get it but don't want to admit so you use the old question their patriotism type of rhetoric. Which is what that boils down to even if you don't come out and say it.

There is a difference between WHY they hate us...and it being ok to attack us, which it is NOT ok to attack us.

Do you understand that?

Seriously do you understand WHY they hate us and why we are partially responsible for that hate?

VS

Them attacking us and we not being responsible for them attacking us?
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    did i miss where i even posted in this thread?

:confused:
  20. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

Don't let little things, like you know, facts, get in the way of burm's posts

:laugh2: