1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chinese man dies after 3-day Internet gaming binge

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 18, 2007.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,424 Messages
    4,382 Likes Received
    BEIJING — A man in southern China appears to have died of exhaustion after a three-day Internet gaming binge, state media said today.

The 30-year-old man fainted at a cybercafe in the city of Guangzhou on Saturday afternoon after he had been playing games online for three days, the Beijing News reported.

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said. The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.

The report said that about 100 other Web surfers "left the cafe in fear after witnessing the man's death."

China has 140 million Internet users, second only to the United States. It is one of the world's biggest markets for online games, with tens of millions of players, many of whom hunker down for hours in front of PCs in public Internet cafes.

Several cities have clinics to treat what psychiatrists have dubbed "Internet addiction" in users, many of them children and teenagers, who play online games or surf the Web for days at a time.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/5141051.html
  2. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    961 Likes Received
    I am not into gaming so I can't fathom how this happens. And I have heard of a few cases of this. The few I heard of were all in Asian countries.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
  5. Achozen

Achozen Sounds From The Lair

5,076 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's tough being a a gamer.
  6. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, if you're that stupid, you don't deserve to live.
  7. Blake

Blake Member

264 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I cant help but respect the guy, he poured his life into doing what he loved... not many can say that.
  8. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I put this right up there with the "hold your wee for a wii" death.