1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chip Kelly anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,089 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    If Jerry decides to pull the plug on the Garrett experiment.. Do you think he goes for a older established coach.. like Cowher or Gruden.. Or does he dip into the college ranks for a innovative New guy on the block like Kelly.. Seems like the NFL is headed to a fast break, option heavy offense. Why not get ahead of the curve?
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Hurricane Sandy poison the water down there in Chesapeake? We're good up here in NOVA...
  3. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that type of option offense works well in college i doubt that a full time spread option would work in the NFL not saying it can't but i doubt it would

yeah the option is working as a change of pace but its not anyone's base offense and the only team that runs it alot is the redskins and panthers, but they don't do it full time

however, the answer imo is a big NO! we'd have to revamp the o-line (which we should anyways) and find a quarterback who is equal to RG3, and possibly deal with the ball being pitched in mid air to the opposite team because hey......it is cowboys football
  4. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,183 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Chip Kelly is the most aggressive coach I have ever seen. He would have to make a lot of adjustments to his offense and the way he calls a game to make it in the NFL. I have to admit I'd love to see him in the NFL to see if could pull it off.
  5. Vinnie2u

2,089 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    He would have to tweak his offense to gear to older more experienced players.. But I just want Dallas to be ahead of the curve for once..
  6. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,547 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Yes please.

or Bill Snyder.
  7. alsmith

alsmith Member

298 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take Garrett, Only two year and needs more time to get his type players to run the type Offense he wants to run..
  8. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,547 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    actually this is his 5th year at the helm of the offense
  9. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,183 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I like Garret which I know is not popular right now. I willing to give him more time to see what happens. Chip Kelly could be a good fit with the Eagles.
  10. alsmith

alsmith Member

298 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is Garrett second full as the HC and his 5th as OC, but the HC picks the players that fits his system, again this is Garrett's second full as the HC..
  11. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I heard Arkansas was going to make a big play for Chip Kelly after season.
    Walton money speaks loud.

He is a college coach, his style doesn't fit the NFL. I would like to have Cowher myself, and would take Gruden. But not a college coach who runs a wide open offense, just wouldn't work in the NFL.
  12. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

337 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Just throwing this name out (again): Bobby Stoops?
  13. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    LOL AT STOOPS

plus I think Kelly can run any offense

I think he be a good one to bring in

AND TO THE GUY THAT METIONED COWHER

:puke:

THERE NO WAY I EVER WANT TO SEE HIM AS A DALLAS ANYTHING
  14. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    I think Synder is too old.
  15. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,439 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    I'd want Brian Kelly before Chip Kelly. Teams that Brian builds are more physical and he obviously isn't afraid to get into someones backside.

Chip always seems dirty to me. Like he's hiding something...that's the vibe I get anyway.

Whether it be the current coaching staff or something new in the future, accountability for player mistakes or lack of execution needs to come with them.
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,335 Messages
    1,224 Likes Received
    How many college coaches with no NFL experience(as an assistant coach) have had success in the NFL? The list is very short.
  17. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,547 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    only 7 yrs older than Coughlin
  18. Vinnie2u

2,089 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson for one comes to mind. But yes the list is very short.
  19. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Love Snyder... he is one of the great coaches of our time... Kansas State is a national power... KANSAS STATE...

But he is 70... not going to start over in the NFL now...
  20. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,547 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    actually, yeah Snyder is probably too old

this team of miscreants, sideshows, and dunces would probably send his poor soul to an early grave