1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chris Johnson new youtube

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ctrous25, Feb 27, 2008.

1. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's pretty hard to make a case for Johnson being a first round prospect but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had a 2nd round grade. Looking at draft history, there has only been one small school running back taken in the the past decade, DeAngelo Williams. Williams is the career rushing leader in C-USA and one of the only players in NCAA history to run for over 6,000 yards...he was drafted 27th. That said, there have been a lot of cases of teams drafting unproven players in the first simply because of their 40 times; Matt Jones and Troy Williamson immediately come to mind as two guys who were drafted in the 1st despite a lack of proven production in college.

If Johnson is one of the first 6 RBs taken then he'll almost certainly go in the 2nd round. I think he offers too much versatility to last to the third though. With the production Reggie Bush has shown possible as a receiver and with the huge impact guys like Cribbs and Hester have on the return game I think a team who doesn't need a starting RB will jump all over Johnson hoping he can fill those same roles. I don't think it would be great value if we took him in Rd 1, but I wouldn't be upset.
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,922 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    Is that what we're doing? Debating?
  3. wrnboysfan

wrnboysfan New Member

54 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i noticed from the video that he takes some really long strides.

i haven't really paid attention to the strides of backs in college or the NFL but do most backs take such long strides or is it just him?
  4. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's kind of what I was trying to say earlier. Because of MBIII and the RB, I think the Cowboys will likely place more importance on other positions early. But I agree that he'll be gone by the end of the second round, if not sooner.
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,545 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    Apparently you aren't. You're just sucking on whatever the "Experts" give you to suck on and you're happy with that. No need to form your own, unique opinion.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,922 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    :lmao:

Yeah, that's why I'm playing the middle ground and saying he's not worth a 1st round pick but could do well for himself in the league when given a chance and is worth a mid to late 2nd rounder based on college production and combine measurables.

It's not about being unique, it's about being realistic.

Your "he's worth a 5th round pick" routine is unique though, congratulations.

I certainly don't have as many resources as the experts, so why pretend I do? You're pretending enough for the rest of us.
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,545 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    You just typed a whole lot of nothin'.

That seems to be your whole schtick.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    post more, great stuff
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you're the only thing that sucks around here, b
  10. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Look in the mirror, bro.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    Not at all saying they are the same, but look at old Dorsett footage and you see a similar running style.
  12. I LOVE ME SOME ME!

I LOVE ME SOME ME! Benched

882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Id we dont draft Chris Johnson in the 1st round i may commit suicide. And if Jerry thinks Chris is good enough i dont see whats the problem with drafting him with the 28th pick. Its almost a guarantee he will be there at that position. Why wait until latter in the draft when theres a chance he could be gone? Just stupid to me. Hes is a baller.
  13. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer: :clap2: :bravo: :yathink: :fact:

I'm sorry did I go overboard on emoticons? :lmao2: