1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Claiborne out 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Oct 28, 2013.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,480 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    I'd wouldn't say he has been playing well as much as I would say he hasn't outright sucked.
  2. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    clairborne was a wasted pivk
  3. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,509 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Too bad he got hurt before the trade deadline. We could have gotten a couple of practice balls and a kicking net for him.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,962 Messages
    3,537 Likes Received
    Claiborne has been better esp tackling. We will miss him. Time for Webb to step up.
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Does it matter? This secondary and our fossil will get abused with Mo or without him.
  6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,425 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    He played well yesterday and especially well against the Egirls and Redskins. Lets not kick him when he's down and not give him praise when he actually performs.
    bark and ChldsPlay like this.
  7. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,305 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    You mean he hasn't been put all year?
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,628 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Well you usually have a negative view, but I will say it probably doesn't matter. We have given up 400 yards to half the QBs we have faced, tied for most in NFL history with half a season to play still, with Mo so without him shouldn't make any difference really.......we will still get lit up like a Christmas tree until we improve safety play and get a lil more pass rush out of those scrubs.
  9. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Lol. Whats knee jerky about It? Have you not watched any of this historically bad pass defense this season?

Its very realistic that Ponder could hang 300 yards and 3 tds on this D.
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  10. Section444

4,305 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    I'll give him that, he has definitely improved over the past few games as a tackler.
    mahoneybill likes this.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,029 Messages
    7,513 Likes Received
    Could he return with another team?
  12. jobberone

36,962 Messages
    3,537 Likes Received
    Yes but you guys have got to get this down. QBs playing against us are going to complete passes and score points. This defense is meant to get turnovers and compete in the RZ as well as make people have to drive the field or have high Sc%. You win in this league by getting turnovers and playing better pass defense than your opponent. That's the simple version as that's more to it but those are the two main components. Just don't expect us to shut down every opponent we face.
  13. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,364 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    I actually mind that Claiborne will miss time as much as I mind Miles Austin missing time. Not very much. Webb was doing a better job yesterday on Megatron than Carr was. So I would expect Webb to cover the slot and Scandrick the outside. Now the safeties Wilcox and Church missing an extended amount of time is worrisome. Jeff Heath did an outstanding job filling in for Wilcox. Hamilton not so much but should get better with more playing time.
  14. Section444

4,305 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    Playing the defense we do, I expect teams to gain yardage on us. It's a "bend but don't break" scheme.
  15. jobberone

36,962 Messages
    3,537 Likes Received
    Yeah. It's needs to 'break' less though. :mad:
  16. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

743 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Great observation on the DT's.
  17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,172 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I sure as hell noticed yesterday when he left the game.
    bark likes this.
  18. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,152 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    I thought he looked lost the first few games but had rebounded nicely in the last three. I think we will miss him.
  19. BigDPlayer

BigDPlayer Active Member

530 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Pass defense starts with a D line. I don't care who you have - Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey (in his prime) I don't care who you are in the NFL of today if you can't pressure the QB no CB can hang for an extended play.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,039 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    We should still be able to beat Minny. We weren't going to beat the Saints anyway.