1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Claiborne's fumble return for first NFL TD bails out struggling Cowboys' defense

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 3, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,886 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    _ Jimmy Burch

Dallas rookie cornerback Morris Claiborne scored his first NFL touchdown on a 50-yard fumble return in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 38-33 victory over Philadelphia.

“That was a pretty damn big relief. That’s about all there is to it,” Ryan said of Claiborne’s return. “It shouldn’t be as difficult as we made it look to night. We made it look difficult and that’s on me.”

“I haven’t been in the end zone in so long and to get in (the end zone) on this stage, you know it was awesome and in a big game like that,” Claiborne said. “It was real big. My teammates … got it out. I am just blessed and fortunate enough to be around the ball and be able to pick it up and get in the end zone with it.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...gling-cowboys-defense-in-win-over-eagles.html
  2. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    It bails out the offense too! If Claiborne, hadn't done that, it would have been a LOSS for Dallas on an agonizing, mind numbing special teams TD by the Eagles.

Still waiting for a pick 6 from Claiborne, but I'm VERY happy with a 50 yard fumble return. He ran it so fast, it seemed like only a 30 yarder.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,770 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    Claiborne not only has the athleticism, but seems to have the right approach to make him a great player in this league.

I know you have to a bit of a "johnny ont he spot" to get a fumble return TD, but how often do you see guys pick up the ball clean like that and take off out of a cluster? He's going to be big time I think.
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    That run definitely made me rethink his speed.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    No way I can take a positive out of that, Brown was carrying the ball like a loaf of bread the whole night and only once we make a play
  6. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,895 Messages
    3,043 Likes Received
    I don't think Brown carried the ball poorly and Brent made a good play on that fumble. Yes, Brown needs to secure the ball better in traffic but he wasn't being unnecessarily careless IMO.

I love the way the Eagles/Reid drafts speed so well. Brown not only has speed but a good RB body. He's going to be trouble down the road. Now they have Brown and McCoy. Both burners. I have a great deal of respect for Andy and hate you see him fired but OTOH I'll be glad to see him out of the NFC East.
  7. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,817 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Mee too. At this point in the season. For a rookie. At this late stage of the game. You would expect his body to be beat up. But there was not a person on the field that was going to catch him. Nice burst. Sustained speed. Impressive.
  8. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

769 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    How do you figure? Didn't that put us up by 14?
  9. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you didn't realize we had people in here that can predict the outcome of games in certain "if" scenarios? get with the program!! :laugh1:
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,146 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    do you truly believe that the game would have played out the same way if not for the fumble ie punt return for a TD?
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    I could not believe that special teams fiasco at the end of the game... Dude needs to be fired.
  12. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,850 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    [youtube]RKlqtNCLSII[/youtube]

Zoom!

I love the reaction afterwards. Oh crap don't lose the ball!
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......he does. I'm not a conspiracy theorist BUT....Joe D must have a lifetime deal either by implied consent OR from guilt or both...just assinine that play and the play fo the special teams in general