1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Clinton's "don't ask" policy

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Dec 28, 2007.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Link

Clinton's "don't ask" policy

As she races through Iowa in the days before next week's caucuses, Hillary Clinton is taking few chances. She tells crowds that it’s their turn to “pick a president,’’ but over the last two days she has not invited them to ask her any questions.

Before the brief Christmas break, the New York senator had been setting aside time after campaign speeches to hear from the audience. Now when she’s done speaking, her theme songs blare from loudspeakers, preventing any kind of public Q&A.

She was no more inviting when a television reporter approached her after a rally on Thursday and asked if she was “moved’’ by Benazir Bhutto’s assassination. Clinton turned away without answering.

Her daughter, Chelsea, had the same reaction when a reporter approached her with a question.

Hillary Clinton’s no-question policy didn’t sit well with some of the Iowans who came to see her speak.

“I was a little bit underwhelmed,’’ said Doug Rohde, 46, as he left her a rally in a fire station in Denison. “The message was very generic -- and no questions.’’

Clinton campaign officials said that she may take questions in the coming days. But her focus is on seeing as many voters as possible before the caucuses next Thursday -- and spotlighting the messages she wants to deliver.

Spokespeople for her two main rivals in the Hawkeye State -– John Edwards and Barack Obama -– said the candidates would continue fielding questions as they troll for support.

-- Peter Nicholas
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    If she wins it will be her husband that wins it for her ..... she just has no "likability" and she is just not qualified for the job.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    "Just shut up and listen"!

A fine policy.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,619 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    And of course most of the main stream media ignores stories like this.
    I wonder why....
  5. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    369 Likes Received
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    She didn't take questions because she didn't have anyone planted in the audience. :D
  7. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Main Stream? And blow what ever chance they may have of putting a Democrat in office, Please!
    She can do no wrong
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,904 Messages
    4,266 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    No questions from you my pretty or you dog either.
  9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,483 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    But she has the most experience, being an ex-First Lady and carpetbagger Senator and all. :rolleyes:

She's my least favorite Dem but I'd take her over any of the republican candidates, save maybe McCain, although I'm not sure v. 2008 is as appealing as v. 2002.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,140 Messages
    4,333 Likes Received
    I can see the resemblance. :lmao:
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Shocker.
  12. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    If it was life or death and I had to take a Democrat. I would take Bill Richardson. However, Ron Paul has said a lot of things that I like.
  13. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    That's great, a candidate who doesn't want to answer questions. Does she know not everybody is like her hubby, a yes man?

She really is an unlikeable person. Every time she opens her trap, the disdain for her just grows.
  14. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    There was a time when I really hated her.....Then I compared what it is that she says to other (electable) candidates.
  15. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

I like Bill Richardson, and if Gravel doesn't get on the ballet in my state, I may vote for him.
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,465 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    ROFL!

Hillary has been fielding questions for months.
    She refused to answer one question about Bhutto(whom she actually knew).

All this proves is that whining is THE Republican past time.

We have a Repub pres destroying evidence, pushing for false information from the CIA and telling his entire administration to refuse to speak to congress... yet Hillary can't attend a whirlwind tour of campaign stops without doing Q&A or else it's a big issue....
  17. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,062 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    She's toast. Never liked her anyhow.
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,465 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    roflmao.
    She's winning every state as we speak according to realclearpolitics which uses a broad spectrum of polls added together.

done?
    hahahahahahahaha!

good one.

She is ahead in Iowa again and if she wins that it is all over but the (Repubs) crying. But that's ok I had 8 years of that under Bill and the important things went very well for our country. Yea know like job growth, average income, employment, reduced welfare rolls, no major wars, lower crime... just the small stuff, lol.

The Repubs will not vote in anyone who can beat her in a general election. The only option there is McCain and he is completely overlooked. In the end I doubt he could even win. When the field get narrowed to two she will destroy the opponent.
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,619 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    jt, your constant shilling is getting old.
    I don't know how anyone could have their head so far up hilarys butt as you do.
  20. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And was that the sound of her shredder making all that noise during Whitewater?

Just wondering...that's all.