1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

CN:Building a Short-Short Cowboys Draft Board: Centers, Safeties and Receivers

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 18, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,174 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Posted by Rafael at Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ben Jones: in the 2nd
    round discussion?
    Part three of this week's chat with the National Football Post's Wes Bunting looks at more prospects at Cowboys positions of need.

Cowboys Nation: Moving to center. Is Konz still a late-1st round, Green Bay, Baltimore type of guy?

Wes Bunting: Yeah. I've heard a few people talk him up as a mid-1st rounder, but I don't know if I buy too much into that rumor.
  2. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Jones is a solid mid-third round prospect on just about every board I've seen. So unless a lack of available centers causes a team to reach, I don't think he'll go until then, with the possibility of a very late second round pick (like Baltimore or New England) being used on him.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

23,556 Messages
    13,394 Likes Received

Ourlads has Philip Blake rated higher than Ben Jones. I think Blake is better. He is more athletic and has longer arms than Jones.