1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: CN:Cowboys By the Numbers: Cooking Off a Short Menu

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/09/cowboys-by-numbers-cooking-off-short.html
    Posted by Rafael at Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Last week, I suggested that the Cowboys would really miss Martellus Bennett's blocking skill against the physical Jets front. A review of personnel packages shows that Jason Garrett had to significantly change what he does with out him.

If you read Bob Sturm's breakdowns of Garrett's games, you know Sturm charts the personnel packages. Without a true fullback on the roster, the list reduces dramatically. Garrett can call a lot of two back formations, but he does not have the 21 or the 22, the traditional two back sets, at his disposal. The 12, the one back, two tight end package, became Dallas default. Third TE Martin Rucker dressed, but blocking is the weakness of his game, and he played just five downs.
  2. PoetTree

PoetTree Active Member

339 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I love me some Witten.
  3. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    witten is my favorite number one player on the cowboys current team

roger staubach is my all time favorite dallas cowboys player:starspin
  4. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Awesome pic goes with that part of the article.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    This is the pic you probably want, i didnt get back to reading rest of article last night because i was posting alot more for you all. This is why I love Witten, he really cares about the fans, especially the kids and Witten if you remember in 1 practice during training camp. While everyone else had gone into the lockeroom, Jason Witten stayed an extra 20 minutes on dummy blocking sled thing working on his blocking. This is what the other players have to realize to, that you have to spend that extra time after practice working like this, honing your craft, and working with other young players helping them get better. Just like Charles Haley said about Larry Allen, Haley worked with Larry after practice, beat his rear end some, but helped bring out the competition in Larry and helped Allen get better with his technique working after practice. Sure, is it tiring? YES! But thats what you have to do to take that next step to becoming a champion.

:)