1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CN: Cowboys Draft 2012: When You Watch Guards, Check Their Feet, Not Their Weight

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 9, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/02/cowboys-draft-2012-when-you-watch.html
    Posted by Rafael at Thursday, February 09, 2012
    [IMG]
    DeCastro: the prototype, but
    not the only guard option.
    Perception is not reality when it comes to the Cowboys running game. People have come to identify the Cowboys ground attack with the sumo-sized lines from the '90s. The impression is that Dallas ran a man blocking attack, and each lineman mauled the defender in front of him. They're supposed to be different from the zone blocking attacks associated with the Broncos, the Redskins, Texans and any team with ties to Mike Shanahan.
  2. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Two underclassmen have made a deep guard class deeper
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/12/bunting-part-ii-guards-guards-guards.html
    Part II of Cowboys Nation's weekly chat with the National Football Post's Wes Bunting examines the guard class, and the quality options Dallas could find as late as the 3rd round:

Cowboys Nation: Aside from David DeCastro, are there any other guards who merit 1st round attention?

Wes Bunting: It's a really good guard class. I'd say [Kelichi] Osememe from Iowa State, even though there are some scouts I've talked to who have concerns about his character. It's not bad-bad, it's just they have some concerns about the kid. But there are some concerns that could cause him to fall.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Thanks, Joe...I followed the cookie trail all the way to the Candy House. I the matched Dancing Bears of DeCastro and Nicks. Like Nate and Larry back when...huge and mobile.

As it goes....agile, mobile, and hostile.
  4. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yw buddy, wished i could come up with catchy sayings like you posted on following the cookie trail all the way to the candy house, that was good buddy:starspin
  5. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received

So what you're saying is that the Cowboys should draft Hostile.. Well, I haven't seen his profile, so I'll wait on that one.. Perhaps he'll start rising after the personal workouts.. :cool:
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Since you were not yet a gleam in Pop's eye back in the early 60's....the description of a stud lineman back then was: agile, mobile, and hostile.

Since Hos was a lineman at the college arena, where the term was first applied by the Darrel Royals, Jimmy Johnsons, and Barry Switzers of that time, yea, I'd say he marries the term of Hostile well.

Ever play college ball as did Hos and myself? I don't know if he retains any elegability to go back to renenter the 'draft' process yet again. But a sixty year old reentered the Div II Lonestar Conference to play linebacker again...and didn't look foolish.