1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CN:Cowboys Throw the Huck-and-Buck on Draft Eve

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 27, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Posted by Rafael at Wednesday, April 27, 2011
    Some conflicting rumors I've heard today:

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/04/cowboys-throw-huck-and-buck-on-draft.html

•I've heard, as many others have already claimed, that Dallas does in fact like Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt, even at pick 9.
    •I've also heard skepticism towards this claim, and the belief that Dallas really likes USC OT Tyron Smith, and is trying to throw off any team that may be considering moving ahead of the Cowboys to draft him.
    •I've heard that the prime target of a trade down into the teens is Florida C/G Mike Pouncey.
  2. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,686 Messages
    283 Likes Received

Truthfully I don't want watt. I will not be happy taking him. If we trade down and pick pouncey or smith I'll be satisfied
  3. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After seeing Tyron Smith ranked at number 7 on Gosselin's board, this reaffirms my belief that the second theory is true. I have been saying it all along. We will find out.
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,507 Messages
    409 Likes Received

Pouncey looks ifffy, JJ Watt is intruiging for sure but RT/LT Tyron Smith fits like Cinderella for this team and the #9 choice.

As the evaluation process has evolved leading up to the draft, the opportunity to recieve an extra pick then take a RT later with a trade down, looks less and less attractive.

:starspin