1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CN:Wes Bunting Most Likely to Fall to the Cowboys' Pick 9

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 9, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/03/wes-buntings-most-likely-to-fall-to.html

CN: So your sense is that DaQuan Bowers is, how shall we say it, the least firm of those top 8 guys?
    WB: Right now, yeah, based on people I talk to, but he could go out at his pro day, blow it up and shuffle the order again. Right now, though, Von Miller has a ton of momentum, Dareus, Fairley, Patrick Peterson, Cam Newton, the two receivers A.J. Green and Julio Jones, it's like somebody has to fall back to the crowd.

We're not even talking Cam Jordan. I was talking to a scout the other day, who's a 3-4 team scout, and he was getting so excited. He said, '' can you imagine Cam Jordan playing 1st and 2nd down as a 5-technique, then in pass rush situations you could keep him on the 5. You could kick him inside and shade him on the nose, the way the Steelers use Ziggy Hood, and let him one-gap" His guys think Jordan is athletic enough, you could stand him up as a rush linebacker and let him rush off the edge in nickel situations.

Can you imagine a running back trying to pick up a 290 lb. linebacker who runs a 4.7? He ran a 4.7, he's a good athlete. And that's what these 3-4 teams are seeing. It's not just that he can play the 5, but what can you do with him in pass rush situations.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    I was literally just about to post this..

What do you guys think about Bowers in a 3-4?
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,919 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Interesting they believe Bowers is that versatile. I hadn't thought about him that way.
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Man, that would be awesome, a great player to me, :)
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,842 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    That scout was talking about Cam Jordan possibly standing up, not Bowers

Bowers would be abe to do it too though, he has a very similar frame and HWS to Julius Peppers and everyone always thought he could stand up.