1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CNN: Breaking News: Tokyo markets crash

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Big Dakota, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nikkei down 10%, worst day in over 20 years. Trading suspended in Jakarta.

Yesterday it was Russia, China and Europe. (not to mention we were down 500 points) Today it's Tokyo and other Asian markets.

Take a bite out of the world wide **** sandwich folks.
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep, it amazing how fraud, greed and a lack of proper oversight can destroy the lives of people who had nothing to do with it.

I was reading an article the other day that said alot of country are really starting to push the United States to adopt more stringent financial practices for evaluating assets, of which the United States has been against.
  3. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

This morning, Britain has just announced an 87 BN bank bailout.

The world truly looks to us and follows suite. We need to restore trust in the US, not just in foreign affairs, but in economic terms as well.
  4. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I am watching CNN International right now. One of the British Analyst was ripping the U.S. Government for acting so slowly.

The United States a leader and I am just disappointed that our greed, fraud and corruption has led to this.
  5. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,041 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    New World Disorder.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,821 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    This has been coming for along time and for everyone to blame us is stupid. They all have had a part in this. We moved about as fast as one could expect given the political climate. What is Europe's excuse for so far doing nothing?
    Willfull neglect is the gentlest term I could use for the government. BUT then you libs need to shut your yaps since it was your guys who wanted to loosen all home lending rules no matter what so that had a BIG part in all this.
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,041 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    So, has anyone actually produced actual statistics showing that the lion's share of defaulting homeowners are from the low income areas that were targetted? Or is this just a talking point with no real backup?

As someone who was redlined when I tried to buy my first house, I fail to see the problem with forcing the banks to have a level playing field.

The attitude of Big Business uber alles that both parties adhere to is the root of this. You shouldn't expect that everyone will be a cheater, but you should be verifying things just the same.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,472 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yep, looks like a world-wide meltdown.

I expect a blood bath when the NYSE opens.

That should all but kill any chance McCain had left. I dont think people are going to care about Ayers when their nest egg just broke!!!
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,821 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    Why don't you do a little research argle before posting. You will find out that the rules that would have prevented so much of the problem got thrown out because of political expediency. Mostly by democrats looking for votes.
    And those rules covered both business and home loans. Business loans made up a lot of it, but so did home loans.