1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Coach Jerry Jones on The Fan - 11/12/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,348 Messages
    3,639 Likes Received
    Who gives a crap?
    JPM and RoyTheHammer like this.
  2. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,276 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    I live in Boston, so my local exposure to the media is how Belichick and the Patriots handle things. If something isn't going great here the owner doesn't talk about how the head coach should be scheming things, because there is no advantage to letting other teams know how you may be playing going forward. They handle things in house and it's proven to be more productive that way. The owner here doesn't discuss player injuries and timetables because there is no advantage to sharing those with the media either. I really see no benefit to this sort of talk other than the fact it allows Jerry Jones to hear himself speak.
  3. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,498 Messages
    1,749 Likes Received
    The Empire does illegal stuff under the shadows...
  4. the playmaker

the playmaker Member

178 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    "senile" Jerra!!!:rolleyes:
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,130 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    That's the nature of the NFL for the most part. The Cowboys could have very easily lost the opener to NYG and certainly the Minny game. It works both ways.
    silver, dupree89 and WoodysGirl like this.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    You really wanna see Ernie Sims, Cameron Lawrence, and Kyle Bosworth dropping into a zone coverage? I sure as hell dont. At least they'll know where their man is if they are playing man. They are completely lost in zone.

We get Mo and JJ back as well so thank god there is no more Webb or Heath out there.
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,441 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    If you give the QB all day, does it really matter what coverage you run? ........NO!
  8. Jerryrage

Jerryrage Active Member

385 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Jerry enjoying that humble pie today. Good.
  9. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received

Isn't this something the head coach should discuss?
    stasheroo and bbailey423 like this.
  10. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received

Exactly right. There is nothing more that shows homerism than looking through the schedule and saying those losses were all close and the team could've won them....yet they never point out the close wins and say they could've been losses. All close wins are because the Cowboys are good. All close losses were because the poor team had an injury, a bad bounce, a bad call. Is this what we are to believe!?
  11. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,857 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Is there ever a time when you do not RUSH to the defense of Jerry Jones?
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,358 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    That's defending Jerry? Boy, you have low standards.
  13. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,496 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Gonna be the first to call bull on the Lee diagnosis. We've been lied to since TC about the severity of multiple big name injuries. From guys that were expected to play week 1 but ultimately missed the entire season. Miles' hammy is another that comes to mind and he didn't look as hobbled as Lee did walking off the field.

I think all along Jerry has been selling hope with the potential return of big names and Lee falls right in that category.
    CaptainMorgan and dupree89 like this.
  14. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,351 Messages
    1,636 Likes Received
    Mr. Kraft is probably the best NFL owner. He hired a great coach & he lets him
    run the team.

And it works. Very well. Jerry is the opposite & you see where we are.
  15. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,760 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Other than Wade, and that is the first thing that I really disliked about him as a head coach here, I don't recall any NFL coaches or GM's ever consistently talking about almost wins. It's a loser mentality that a lot of people defended when Jerry invoked it after the Denver game. Seems innocent and is technically correct, but it speaks volumes about the weak character of this team's management. There is never a gut wrenching "this will never happen again on my watch" attitude at The Lodge at Valley Ranch, franchise lows and premature soul-crushing season ending losses are the norm here and nothing has changed for over a decade and a half - even though some want to believe that Yong Tom Landry is subtly righting the ship on the sidelines.
  16. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    207 Likes Received

I live in Pittsburgh and I just read an article about Kevin Colbert, the Steelers GM, who only speaks to the media between the draft and the end of training camp. The Steelers prefer one voice for the franchise in season, that of the Head Coach. Seems most organizations follow a similar path, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe other teams have the Owner/GM with their own radio show and their son, the Director of Player Personnel, with their own radio show that I am unaware of.

That seems like a few too many radio shows for executives, but hey what do I know? Nothing's going to change with this family holding the franchise hostage. So tired of this clown show.
    ohiocowboysfan25 likes this.
  17. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,339 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Jerry did it with Jimmy and it worked out well.
  18. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,351 Messages
    1,636 Likes Received
    That was before my time.
  19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,449 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    This is the same delusional talk we've gotten over the past two and a half seasons of .500 records.

It sounds like he's trying to sell himself - and anyone else who'll still buy it - on the same thing.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
  20. jens kuehne

jens kuehne New Member

16 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.