1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Coach Jerry Jones on The Fan - 11/12/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,546 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    So keep everything as is because it has been working so well lately.

This offense is broken. The scheme is outdated, predictable and on top of that the coaches seem to rolling dice to pick plays instead of reacting to what's happening on the field.

Bill Callahan calling plays out of Jason Garrett's playbook is a disaster but Jerry is all for keeping the status quo. I really don't like Jerry Jones.
  2. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Aw man, sorry to hear that.
  3. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received

Yep. And some fans really buy this nonsense. Dont get me wrong, they are certainly allowed to believe this man, but I just dont see how they can. You just know its coming, after a 7-9 season this year, we'll be hearing:

the injury to Sean Lee was devastating
    we almost beat denver
    our D-line was a mess with injuries
    we think we've found the right guy to be off. coordinator now and we're bringin him in...
    we like marinelli and he'll be our def. coord.
    I think these 2 guys, under Jason's leadership will really get this team where we need to be.

(then he'll give that used-car salesman wink of his)

year after year...all to protect Jason because Jerry cannot admit to making a mistake.

Its all coming folks. Get ready!
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    Callahan calling plays out of any playbook is a disaster. It's not 2002.
    Wheeltax and Common Sense like this.
  5. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,080 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    I hope you liked those, I hope you liked those very much

/jerry
  6. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,827 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    Exactly, I remember last year the Ravens switched offensive coordinators during the season and it worked out pretty well.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  7. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,883 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    No, he's too busy clapping.
    tantrix1969 and dupree89 like this.
  8. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    That's how it is here in St. Louis. The only time you hear from owner Stan Kroenke is when it has to do with stadium or owner stuff. The only time you hear from the GM is during draft and the beginning of training camp. The rest of the time you hear from Jeff Fisher and Jeff Fisher only.

I mean why does Stephen Jones have his own radio show? Really??????

It should be one voice, the HC. That's the way it should be.
  9. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,000 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    My hope was that Stephen would be a breath of fresh air after he took over for his Dad. It is becoming more obvious by the day that it will be more of the same. They do NOT run this like a football operation....becaues in THEIR reality....its not. It is an entertainment conglomerate....and the Cowboys head up the sports division!
  10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I honestly don't care if Kiffen cares, too bad his D hasn't worked. I don't care if Rowdy gave him advice at this stage.
  11. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    And those kind of comments completely send the wrong message...that somehow being close means something. It means nothing.
  12. unsportsmanlikeconduct

unsportsmanlikeconduct Active Member

411 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I could've won the lotto if I just got 4 more of the 5 numbers
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  13. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received

These two threads indirectly sum up what's wrong in Dallas: Jerry's ego. I remember the 3 Super Bowls very well. When Jimmy was here he did it all. Jimmy was essentially our GM/HC, and Jerry was just owner and sort of a spokesperson. Then from what I read Jerry took credit for the Tonly Castillas free agent signing, and that P.O.'ed Jimmy. Then Jerry made the comment that any one of 500 coaches could coach Dallas, and at that point Jimmy had enough. Since Jimmy quit he has been in an endless mediocity and quest to prove he can be GM and that he has the football skills to do so. The only time he gave up any authority since Jimmy left was when Parcells was here, and I he did that to get his stadium referendum passed (let's see how that move works the next time though). And each year you get a bunch of excuses why we were 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, like you see above. His ego won't let him be just owner anymore. It's almost as though he can't let go of GM because it proves he can't do it and everyone who said he can't will be proven wrong.

It's a sad state of affairs in Dallas.
    ohiocowboysfan25 and Zordon like this.
  14. the playmaker

the playmaker Member

179 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    that's the perfect analisys...I agree!
    Zordon likes this.
  15. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,414 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Jerry tells KRLD radio show Cowboys' situation 'doesn't call for major changes' during the bye week.

Losing by 32 and giving up an NFL record 40 first downs and breaking the two week old franchise record for giving up the most yards in Cowboy history doesn't call for major changes? lol.
  16. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received

lol
  17. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    It's a shame play calling duties aren't going to change. That's one of the main reasons holding this offense back, such a vanilla offense that lacks creativity in the called plays. I say let Romo play sand lot football and chuck the ball around. We'd get to see more of the Dez in the slot for a huge gain if that we're the case, but nope ...
    Wheeltax likes this.
  18. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,578 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    When will Coach Stephen be chiming in with his two cents?
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,948 Messages
    4,995 Likes Received
    Don't know why that is funny. You pick the biggest blowout under Garrett and there is going to be lots of places to point the finger of blame.
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,178 Messages
    5,658 Likes Received
    soon...him and jerry jr. are taking a nap in their baby cribs.