1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Coach Jerry Jones on The Fan - 11/12/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,670 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones: "Certainly 5-5 is not acceptable." But we could've won four of those five we lost. #Cowboys

This is why we fail.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Why does it matter? He's the GM, and he owns the team. Im pretty sure that gives him the right to say whatever the hell he wants.

Besides, the HC has had time to make adjustments, and he hasn't. Jerry didn't say anything that isn't blatently obvious to most people.
  3. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,918 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received
    Good point, I suppose it doesnt really matter. I'm just not accustomed to seeing GM's or owners discussing strategy. And if Garret isnt making adjustments, ultimately its on Jerry for hiring a guy with no head coaching experience that is in waaaaay over his head.
  4. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,676 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    Yes, but if indeed we could have won 4 of those 5, all the more reason why 5-5 is unacceptable.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I still think JG outthinks himself most of the time. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the most simple ones.
    dupree89 likes this.
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,787 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received
    Your'e on to something here. I have said it before, Garrett is too analytic to be making quick decisions on the field. He would be best suited as a GM or scout or something.
  7. dupree89

1,918 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received

What troubles me is I saw this man (Garrett) do an absolutely perfect job in handling a team that lost a teammate/friend last year in a tragedy. I think even the rest of the JG haters would agree he was pretty flawless in how he handled everything. AND HE DIDNT HAVE A SCRIPT ! He did everything by feel and gut instinct in handling a brutal situation. I just wonder at times if he is too scripted and too rehearsed in everything he does as head coach. He seems overly systematic- to the point where it hinders the team.
  8. dupree89

1,918 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received

Yikes. It basically looks like I copied your post and just re-phrased...but I actually did post before I had a chance to read what you said. I promise! o_O