1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coach Parcell's HOF

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sportsbabe, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,146 Messages
    1,403 Likes Received
    I wonder if he'll mention any of his "Parcell's guys" that play for the Cowboys? Witten and DWare are definitely Parcell's guys. Tony too because Bill groomed him to be the starter for a year (and a half). His other "guys" are no where to be found ... Spears, TNew, Fasano ... and what's the guy who went on to play for GB? Parcells would have laid in front of a moving train for that scrub.:D
  2. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,896 Messages
    1,210 Likes Received
    Doubt it he'll mention the players he had the most success with on the Giants that helped build his HOF coaching career. Even when he was coaching the Cowboys he kept bringing his old players up from the Giants.
  3. Sportsbabe

6,146 Messages
    1,403 Likes Received
    Yeah, you're probably right. But, I still can't wait to hear it.
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,896 Messages
    1,210 Likes Received
    Parcells has a strong bond with his old players who helped get him his 2 SB wins and HOF induction. He was a HOF coach before he arrived in Dallas. I'm sure he's proud of Ware and Witten 2 great players he drafted but doubt he'll mention them.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,867 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    It will likely be very entertaining.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,050 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Yea his stay with Dallas is not why he got into the HOF. Though maybe it should be because of his culture change. You can say what you want about the lack of success we've had since the mid 90's but before Parcell's got here we were trading 1st round picks and bombing on every other pick. He got in here and tried to build this team with certain guys. That turnaround from 5-11 to 10-6 deserves to be mentioned in his HOF career. I doubt he mentions any of the above. If he does i'd put money on Ware and Witten.
  7. fffiasco

fffiasco Active Member

768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    If Parcells got his way, there is a strong possibility Ware would be playing for another team.
  8. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I wonder if he'll mention T.O.

:eek:
    Sportsbabe likes this.
  9. Sportsbabe

6,146 Messages
    1,403 Likes Received
    I ALSO THINK TONY SHOULD GET AN HONORABLE. IT WAS BILL THAT TOOK THE GAMBLE WITH HIM. PLUS TONY HOLD A MULTIPLICITY OF COWBOY RECORDS. (SORRY ABOUT CAPS ..... ON MY PHONE).