1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coffee drinkers?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CliffnMesquite, Jan 2, 2014.

1. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I have tried lots of them, and I've never had something I didn't like (I like all kinds of coffees though). However, this is the local coffee shop from the town where I just graduated from school. I have never ordered their coffee online, because I usually just go into the shop right off campus. They are very big on importing directly from growers in other countries. If I'm not mistaken, you will even see different coffees from time to time on that website according to what they have around. Usually they have something different every time I go in the shop. I think Gizmo is one of the more popular blends they have, it's usually there.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,554 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    We bought my daughter-in-law a Keurig for Christmas. She loves it.

I used to drink coffee but stopped September 10, 2001.

Yep, Monday before 9-11.

I probably would never remember what day I quit if it had not been the day before the hijackings.
  3. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,347 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    TY BOTH for the input!
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,834 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    me too
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,232 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I have one but I still like the old coffee makers better.

The pods are good too though but I like a good cup of Folgers from the old school style of coffee makers.

For the pods I like Green Mountain and Caribou brands.
  6. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,568 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    I had to start home roasting too after my local roasting company screwed up their formula. I love the Ethiopian Harar single origin but am almost out and can't find any more since they set up their national coffee exchange. To brew I don't like anything but the Aeropress. It's got to be the cleanest cup of coffee I've ever tasted.
  7. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,164 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I'm with you and Bob. I roast my own often and usually Ethiopian Yirgacheffe or Peruvian high grown. When not buying green I'll normally buy Britt Poas Volcanic Earth single origin whole bean. Fresh grind and French press every morning.
  8. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,568 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    The cool thing about Ethiopia is it's the birthplace of coffee before it was domesticated and most of the coffee plants are heirloom. I'll have to check out the Britt Poas Volcanic Earth. Right now if I don't roast it I get something called Rich Rewards healthy roast that's supposed to maintain more of the healthy polyphenols in the coffee bean.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,232 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I tried Donut Shop coffee pods this morning. Nothin special.

It's pretty smooth but I like my coffee a little more bold.
  10. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

919 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    If you like it bold try the Black Tiger Dark Roast, those and the Green Mountain Dark Magic are my favorite of the kcups I've tried so far
    CATCH17 likes this.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,232 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received

Yes I really like Green Mountain Dark Magic so if I see the black tiger i'll try that.