1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cole Beasley And Why He's A Secret Star

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Jun 12, 2014.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,927 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Yeah, I assumed there was a pun there, but in world of lil Beas worship, you never know.
    I just had someone tell me he was ahead of Williams
  2. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

991 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    That's just what Romo told me. I personally am not a big fan of Beasley because I think he is fragile.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,927 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    He does like him. I just see TWill and those 736 yards as a rookie is way ahead of Beas.
    But we'll see.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I've been saying for a whole Beasley should have been getting more time because he's the only WR that the team had who could generate separation off the line quickly.

I expect a decent role from him, provided he gets the chance.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
  6. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,261 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    When I think of smaller wr's my pecking order is this; smith > welker > decker > harris > amendola > beasley

Beas is cool, but in all honesty he lost me when he quit in camp and had to be talked into playing.
  7. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,368 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received
    Maddenism.
  8. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Which Decker are you referring to?
  9. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,000 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Reading this thread, you'd think some people have never listened to John Madden.
    Vanilla2 and guag like this.
  10. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,876 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Seriously? That was 2 full seasons ago. A 22 year old kid makes a mistake, gets over it a within a couple days, and you still hold it against him after 2 years of nothing but dedication and success?
  11. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,129 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    I've been saying this for a while. The All-22 film showed this pretty clearly. Corners can't defend Beasley's inside move to his left unless the defense is designed towards it or the corner completely cheats that way. His move to the right is not as good, but still pretty good and he knows how to read defenses well enough and corners well enough to cut to the right if his cut left is taken away and will beat corners there as well.

The big thing for him is that he needs to be able occasionally beat defenses deep. That's what Welker did in his prime. He didn't have great speed, but he was quick and great at reading defenses and could catch defenses and safeties napping and just reek havoc. That and if he can block on running plays, we really have a potential Pro Bowler in my mind.

YR
  12. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,261 Messages
    117 Likes Received
  13. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,261 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Yes.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,075 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    I like the Beasley, but I think he was targeted too much on third and short situations.It worked really well and the beginning of the season, but seemed to become predictable towards the end. I knew when they trotted him out on third that he would be targeted. I don't have the states in front of me, but it he seemed to lose effectiveness as the season progressed in these situations.
  15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,373 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    Completely unrelated to the thread, and I don't know what the down & distance was, but I hate this route combination so much.

[IMG]
  16. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,464 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    I like the kid. I enjoy seeing him play for the Cowboys.
  17. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,180 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    D Harris streaking to the endzone with 1 on 1 coverage.
  18. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

2,613 Messages
    1,083 Likes Received
    just catch passes and make first downs...
    they will come around...
  19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,373 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    Well there is a safety there, but he is influenced by Witten in the seam. Harris definitely has a chance but I'd give that a 50-50 throw at best, Harris isn't fantastic at going up and beating his man.

I wish there was one underneath/drag route from the outside. I guess it was successful and the outside guys DID influence their zone enough to get Beastley open, but ultimately that zone was designed to keep it from the endzone.

ah well
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    He should be on the field at least 70% of the offensive snaps. He's that good.