1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Combine weigh-ins: TE's

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by VACowboy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,806 Messages
    218 Likes Received
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,118 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I would really like to end up with Coby Fleener or Ladarius Green.

240 isn't bad. He'll gain some weight each year so even if he doesn't reach 260 ish he'll be at 250 soon.
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Me too.

From the mock drafts that I have been following, it seems like Fleener is projected to go in Round 2, and as for Green, anywhere from Round 3 to Round 4.

I think Garrett definitely wants another TE though. I really wouldn't be surprised if he chooses one in Round 2 or 3.

I would prefer Round 3 or 4 (or later), and go defense/DeCastro in Round 1 and 2. But we drafted Fasano in Round 2 as well as Bennett. So I wouldn't rule it out.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,874 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Guy I really like is Evan Rodriguez...He fits exactly what we do.
  5. VACowboy

3,806 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Keep your eye on Egnew.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give me Fleener for the win.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,094 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    I dunno about that, but then again I've never really been sure what it is that we do exactly.

We spent a 2nd rounder on two TE's and neither one had any real impact on the offense.

I do like Rodriguez though. Also a fan of Orson Charles and David Paulson as a late guy.

Green, I've kind of fallen out of love with. He's had so many opportunities by this point to show something extra against top competition and I haven't seen him do much of anything.
  8. VACowboy

3,806 Messages
    218 Likes Received

Egnew is the guy I like.
  9. CowboyHawg2012

CowboyHawg2012 New Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Keep an eye on James Hanna from OU. I really loved his speed in college and always looked athletic. dont really know about him as an in-line blocker but was always impressed with how he looked athletically
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,118 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    if say Courtney Upshaw was on the board at 14 and NE offered both #1s, I'd take Fleener at 31