Come draft time, Cowboys turn to pod to settle disputes

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Apr 20, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

1. pete026

pete026 Member

50 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Maybe they do, maybe they don't. BB doesn't reveal a lot about what their processes are if you know anything about him.

They also keep coaches around for long stints (like 10 years minimum) and that is the model I was speaking to in rebuttal to your argument that it is stupid to involve a position coach in a draft decision when he'll be gone in 4 years and won't be around by the time they develop.

You seem to have this big issue with Dooley and that started you down a path. But this method of evaluation of draft prospects has nothing to do with the qualifications of Dooley. That is what "For example" means. You did read the article???

2. Idgit

Idgit That sounds really boring Staff Member

44,815 Messages
    28,634 Likes Received
    Your suggestion that we're actually not in good hands because we found a franchise QB at the bottom of the 4th round is very interesting. Gonna have to give this one the careful consideration it deserves before weighing in.

Trouty and rpntex like this.
  3. RGV_Clos

RGV_Clos Well-Known Member

257 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    One more good draft and we are going to rule the next 5 years.,,,

We're counting on you POD-NERS keep up the good work ...

:thumbup:

Trouty likes this.
  4. diefree666

diefree666 Active Member

109 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    I believe the point is that they had Dak as the SEVENTH RATED QB in the draft. If that was the case then they really cannot brag about what he has become.

5. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

5,917 Messages
    2,756 Likes Received
    apparently only linehan "knew" and the rest didnt see anything special, like the rest of the nfl.
    Thing is everyone except linehan overlooked or didnt see dak for what he is.
    Funny thing is linehan also likes kellen moore, so maybe moore is better than most think?

visionary likes this.
  6. Idgit

44,815 Messages
    28,634 Likes Received
    Balls. There were, what, 2000 players coming out of college last year? 250 or so were drafted at all. The Cowboys had 9 picks, total. And fans want to complain that guys contributed to the team significantly but not in lock step with their draft order. So that becomes a justification to suggest the team didn't know what it was doing with the draft. In a season where we had what's probably the best draft in the entire league.

I'm sorry. That argument's so bad it makes my ears bleed just trying to puzzle out how it even made sense in his head before he typed it out and decided to push 'post reply.'

7. Idgit

44,815 Messages
    28,634 Likes Received
    Who do you imagine submitted the card on the Dak pick? You think it was Linehan? Did he grab it and make a break for the podium do you imagine?

Trouty and GhostOfPelleur like this.
  8. DandyDon52

5,917 Messages
    2,756 Likes Received
    no but whoever did , did not see dak as a franchise qb, my contention is that maybe linehan did.

visionary likes this.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

11,489 Messages
    6,401 Likes Received
    As usual English comprehension remains a challenge for you

10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

11,489 Messages
    6,401 Likes Received
    Exactly
    Idgit never saw a move by Jerry he couldn't spun into a "great move". He is s card carrying Jerry apologist

cowboyblue22 likes this.
  11. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

6,162 Messages
    1,730 Likes Received
    I can hear Jerry now saying (lipsmack) yeah but what about the **********?

12. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

6,162 Messages
    1,730 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys were so far off on Dak Prescott what does that make the other 31 teams? Or the other 32 that passed on Brady? Or Romo?

llutherr likes this.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

8,355 Messages
    5,052 Likes Received
    If they were to not tell Jerry when the draft was, this might improve their odds of having quality drafts year after year.

cowboyblue22 and Trouty like this.
  14. jday

jday Well-Known Member

5,329 Messages
    3,642 Likes Received
    That is a good point. But just like the scouts spend more time with the prospects, the coaches have spent years in their system. They know the ingredients that will make them successful better than anyone. I'd be seriously concerned if their voices (eg scouts vs coaches) were not at least equally weighted.

15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

5,329 Messages
    3,642 Likes Received
    Bravo! You yanked a guffaw out of me whilst half-asleep. That, sir, is not easy.

Trouty and DFWJC like this.
  16. Idgit

44,815 Messages
    28,634 Likes Received
    I've actually bagged on Jerry for many many things over the years. I'm a Garrett and Romo fan, not a Jerry fan. This is you saying things you know are untrue and which you make zero effort to support. And then you scurry off when challenged on it. Just on the topic of last year's draft, I really disliked a RB at #4 overall and I hated the pick at #34.

What I didn't do is bag on the Dak Prescott pick. Because that would be stupid. I thought he was a guy with some ability and the right makeup to be successfull, but he had a lot of work to do. What was unusual about Dak was how quickly he transitioned to taking snaps under center and how quickly he was able to diagnose what NFL defense's were doing. Neither of those things were apparent prior to the draft, which is why every NFL team graded him the way they did.

DoctorChicken likes this.
  17. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

6,585 Messages
    4,871 Likes Received
    I had to google deification

CowboyFan74 likes this.
  18. DandyDon52

5,917 Messages
    2,756 Likes Received
    They are as bad as the cowboys lol and with dak they were worse!
    it shows they are not evaluating qb's in the right ways.

19. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

2,264 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    Was Devin Street a headcase? I thought he just couldn't play.

20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

26,493 Messages
    17,076 Likes Received
    I hope they grade everybody's input and give the ones with high grades more input. Linehan apparently loved Dak but the scouts caused the Cowboys to wait until the 4th to draft him.