1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coming around to the idea of keeping the coaching staff as is

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

855 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    This may sound like I'm rootin for failure but I'm not. I really do hope Garrett proves almost all of us wrong and becomes a great coach overnight.

In regards to the coaching staff I was all for firing everyone at the end of the season even if Garrett is staying. Now I'm leaning more towards just letting Garrett have to same staff as the year prior so the blame cannot be "it's a new system" anymore.

My theory is they will crash and burn next year or at best be mediocre once again and they will clear out the entire staff hire a HC who can then choose his own staff. This year is more of an expected failure but if it works then Jerry gets the credit
  2. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I am thinking the same thing. But everytime I try to put logic to JJ's moves he proves me wrong.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,687 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    I once had a friend who flunked an exam
    When I went to commiserate with him he said " no no, this is actually a good thing, ........"

This is what this idiot owner and horrible HC have reduced cowboy fans to..... Hoping against hope for a miracle
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,914 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Sadly, this appears to be the expectation for most.

I truly want Garrett to do well (since I was one of his most adamant defenders when he was hired) but I don't see him adapting his process to allow for enough growth from his staff and players to be successful this fall. I think he wants to fail or succeed his way. We'll see.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,914 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    I'm curious to know why he thought this way. o_O

As for miracles... I do believe they can occur, even under the current circumstances. ;)
  6. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

412 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, this time next year will be different. Trust me. LOL.
    BigStar likes this.
  7. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,720 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    Anything that guarantees Garrett is out the door next year I'm all for it. So if that means sitting through a 6 win season with the same lame coaching staff so be it
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    Well, at least the OP is a backhanded way of rooting for the team to do well. I hope we do well because I'm not getting any younger but mostly because I want the Dallas Cowboys to succeed no matter who owns the team or who the coaches and players are.
  9. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Me too, all in next year and hopefully no excuses. Deep into playoffs or blow it up
  10. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,537 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Isn't it sad it's come to this ?
    Most of us willing to sacrifice a whole season, just so we can flush the toilet and start the right way ?

Edit, was not trying to insinuate that the current Coaching staff was crap, lol,
    but I don't feel they are the best for this team.
    alicetooljam likes this.
  11. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

412 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    What's sad is no matter how bad we could be next year, it won't cause Jerry to start doing it the right way. No way he hires a GM or give up power to a quality HC. If anything he may change one puppet for another.
  12. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    It's a process :)
  13. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,732 Messages
    901 Likes Received
  14. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,537 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Well, it got so bad he hired Parcells, but I have heard that was just to build the new stadium...
  15. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,410 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    None of the coaches that have been hired by other teams have impressed me so far. I don't know who everybody is expecting the next coach to be when they demand Garrett's firing.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,394 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    You may not be rootin for failure, but you're expecting it as a way to clear out the staff.

I'd rather see Dallas make changes now that will lead to success now. I don't want to base my expectations for the team on a theory that involves it crashing and burning to get rid of the coaching staff.

Garrett isn't changing his offensive system no matter who comes in, so I'd like to see someone brought in who can work with the system in place and make this a top-10 offense like it should be.

As far as the defense goes, I can give a little more leeway to Kiffin considering that he was handicapped by all the line injuries. I wouldn't mind a change considering how bad the defense was, but could live with Kiffin IF Dallas goes all out to fix the defensive line. Pressure is the key to his scheme and we just couldn't get it consistently with all the injuries.
    jubal, Big D and BehindEnemyLinez like this.
  17. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,394 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    Not Garrett. :)
    Air Force One likes this.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,110 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received

It's that old saying...

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

:-(
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,415 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, there's nothing any of us can do about anything that happens in Jerry land. So in all honesty, no need in worrying about any of it. Am I excited, hell no. Same threads every year, the exact threads. Yet at the end of the year, same failure. Then we get re-energized and go through the exact process year after year. At this point, I don't really care what they do until true changes are made.
  20. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    [IMG]Jason Garrett [IMG] Monte Kiffin [IMG] Rod Marinelli