1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coming around to the idea of keeping the coaching staff as is

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,533 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    There it is ladies and gentlemen...............Hope.

Get it while it's hot. Another year and plenty of it. It's free!

BTW - when this one fails (system) jerry will change it all up, staff and scheme, and it won't benefit the athletes on the field.......again.

That's his way.
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,975 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    He must be punch drunk. :D

As RS said, Jerry's #1 goal is to feed his ego; anything else is a bonus.

I'm afraid if Redball is going to get it done he is going to have to make some major changes in his every day approach to coaching. He's on his own.
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,975 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    I'll have a big steaming bowl with faith on the side, please!
    Seven likes this.
  4. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    If 2012's Ryan would have just cut his hair!
  5. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    True, but if I owned the Boys, I would sit in the war room on draft day. :)
  6. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,417 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    They should lower their expectations if not going the Super Bowl is the bar. Parity has arrived in the NFL with the salary cap. Your ego seems as big as Jerry's. You have all the answers just like every other "expert" around here. The Jerry must go rallying cry is not only boring, it's juvenile. He and his family aren't going anywhere. Get over it. Stop using it as crutch every time something goes wrong.

You and the other people that say "you just don't accept mediocrity" aren't better fans, you are just more bitter. I choose to get enjoyment out of my fan-dom. If that makes me a Rowdy than so be it. If you guys seriously hate Jerry that much, I suggest talking to a professional or choosing a different team, because it's not changing. I don't like going 8-8, but I like competing for the playoffs and know that success isn't owed to me because we were really good decades ago. In Romo's 8 years we have gone to the playoffs 3 times and been one game away 4 other times.
    Doc50 likes this.
  7. rpntex

rpntex Active Member

275 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    My personal opinion is that Ryan was more entamoeba with the talent he had here than he should have been. He ended up playing far more risky than he did in Oakland or Cleveland, where he didn't have a Demarcus Ware or Anthony Spencer. He thought he had the horses to get away with being more daring, and it bit him in the butt.

Just my opinion...
  8. rpntex

rpntex Active Member

275 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    No, the reason his NO defense was better was because he kept things pretty simple, or at least simpler than he did in Dallas. I think he overrated the talent he had here, and tried to do too much with it. He came to Dallas with a reputation for exotic blitz packages, and tried to live up to it because he thought more of the talent than was really here. The injury situation didn't help him, to be sure, but the fact that his defense in Dallas was no better before injuries should tell you something. That, and the guaranteed 2 or 3 "***" pre-snap moments we saw just about every game.

I think he learned from that experience and has thus simplified things with the Saints.
  9. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    How do you use exotic blitz packages and be super aggressive when your offensive counterparts are scoring at a franchise level low for first half scoring.

Tough to be all that when your defense never ever has a lead.
  10. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    I disagree with these statements, first you have no way of knowing if he simplified the defense in NO and it was a noticable drop off in the defense's production after Lee and others were injured.
  11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    Not a bad opinion.
  12. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

413 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Not everyone is going to be satisfied with mediocrity like you appear to be. Garrett is a proven failure as HC, and not much better as an OC.
  13. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I am now 100% on the side of leaving them as is. Dont give this staff the crutch of saying they couldnt win because of so many changes.
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    2,885 Likes Received
    No, next year will not be better

The fan base has finally got to the point where if losing doesn't bother Jerry, why should it bother the fans

Most fans have accepted that this team will never win anything under Garrett, just one 500 season after another
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    2,885 Likes Received
    What winning record are you talking about?

500 is not a winning season

Only way Garrett will ever see a winning season is from the stands after he buys a ticket
  16. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,417 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    Garrett already has a winning record. Look it up.