1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Compare Dallas to Denver

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Aug 27, 2013.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received

During Cowboys games I wait for something to go wrong every time they break the huddle.
  2. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,376 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    With the differance being our QB looks to throw first run as last resort.
    Theirs runs and throws in equal measuers.
  3. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,933 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    Yeah we get it Catch. LOL You're allowed to post other things you know?

I don't quite get the Denver comparisons though. Denver is coming off an AFC championship appearance, and we have missed the playoffs for 3 years and counting now.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received

Sorry but it just sucks that I have to keep myself in check because I know how this team likes to disapoint.

There is no reason not to have a big season this year.
  5. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,213 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    1. Peyton Manning is head and shoulders above Romo.

2. The NFC East is head and shoulders above the AFC West.

YR
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,533 Likes Received
    Manning may be head and shoulders compared to Romo but then again Manning vs the Cowboys has not been in his favor with a 2-2 record while throwing 7 TD and 7 Ints with one of his lowest QB rating of 85.4
  7. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Offensively
    Denver will get better play out of their quarterback (not by as much as most would think though). They also have the edge in the receiving core with Thomas/Welker/Decker over Dez/Austin/Williams but i think that is also closer than most people would think. Dallas has a big advantage in TE and RB. Their Offensive line is a little better on the interior but i think almost a wash on the outside at tackle. So i'd give them the edge on the o-line. So i'd say it's pretty close a lot closer than most people think but I'd give them a slight edge on offense.

Defensively
    I think we have a better D-line (sounds crazy? well it's not and I'm talking about even when Von Miller comes back) I think they have nice linebackers but I like ours better and the secondary is pretty much a wash because we are better at corner and they are better at safety.... so I think Dallas actually gets the edge defensively.... sounds crazy i know but it's really not if think about it....

overal we are right there with them..... In my opinion
  8. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,814 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    Their secondary is better than ours-- the CBs are a wash. Champ, DRC and Harris are equal to, if not better than Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick. Really, right now I'm leaning towards 'better' since we don't really know where Claiborne stands right now.

Von is like a young Ware so I'd say they have the better premier pass rusher at the time as well.

Their offensive line is probably better and they'll receive better QB play with pretty equivalent receiving options.

The only clear edge we have is our stable of half backs.

Edit:
    I don't think breaking the two teams down is the way to go though. It's about the result on the field. So while, yeah, we may look like we're pretty close on paper, we'll just have to wait and see. One team is coming off two playoff appearances (and a 13-3 record) and we're coming off 3 straight post season-less years. I'll still give the Broncos a clear edge overall.
  9. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,779 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Give Romo that team and he'll at least win ONE play off game, heck even Tebow lead them to a playoff game.C'mon Peyton, you're suppose to be the "GOAT". :D

/my hating on manning
  10. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,933 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    DRC was far worse last season than our top 3 corners.
  11. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,490 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Peyton is better than Romo. I think Peyton's chokejobs don't get nearly as much play as Romo's, and that Peyton would be killed by our fanbase for so many one-and-done's. But you can't compare the bodies of work fairly, Peyton is a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Denver also has the benefit of playing in probably the worst division in the NFL. The team with the #1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft is probably the second best team in his division.
  12. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,139 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    e

Here is the difference just imagine if the cowboys were in the AFC west or east . We would easily win those divisions . The difference is the broncos will coast through and easily win it . Last year when they played a tough physical team in Baltimore they got smacked . In the NFC east we all beat each other up pretty bad . It's an absolute toss up . Ask anyone who is going to win afc west or afc east this year ? 99 % will give you the same answer .
  13. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,814 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure about that. Carr was better for sure. Scandrick did his job of covering the slot better for a shorter period of time. But DRC was probably better than Claiborne.

DRC has been on the downturn since ARI traded him so I'm not going to pretend like he's far and away better than anyone. But overall his numbers are better than Claiborne. Granted I've yet to watch his film because he's just not that interesting, but he was tight on Bryant in our meetings.

Both Bailey and Harris had better years than our guys.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,972 Messages
    9,070 Likes Received
    You mean a team with a first ballot hall of fame and Super Bowl winning QB that was one hail mary away from possibly playing in a Super Bowl last year is getting more respect than the downtrodden Dallas Cowboys?

Haters!
  15. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,400 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    Denver has another teams starting QB hanging from their stadium.
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Perhaps people expect them to be a top team in the AFC because they were a top team in the AFC last year.

That not possible?
  17. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Denver was a throw away from making the Super Bowl, we were 8-8
  18. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,371 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    Their quarterback is old. It's one thing to rack up yardage against the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers and another thing to beat playoff teams.
  19. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,259 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Until we make some noise and actually get in the playoffs we can't compare ourselves to Denver.
  20. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,371 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    IF you want to find out who will win the Super Bowl, the first step is to take all the teams that have a quarterback between ages 26 and 34 and put those teams in one pile. Toss the rest.