1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Competition Committee holding media call for new rule proposals

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 19, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
    If you're on twitter, it's the best place to see the back/forth of some of this stuff.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4m
    Competition Committee proposes elimination of exception to pass interference within one yard of line of scrimmage.
    Competition Committee proposes making the recovery of a loose ball in the field of play reviewable. (The NaVorro Bowman play.)
    Competition Committee proposes stopping the clock on any sack at any time.
    Competition Committee proposes extending "roll up" protection from the back of a defender's legs to the side of the legs.
    Competition Committee proposes allowing the referee to consult with members of the officiating department during replay review.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m
    Belichick’s Patriots going all in on rules: Proposed extending crossbars up 5 ft, moving PATs back to 25, putting cameras on boundary lines

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 10m
    The Pats also will propose moving the line of scrimmage to the 25 yard line for a PAT.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 6m
    Competition Committee proposes that the clock no longer stop on a sack but would continue to run

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP 8m
    Belichick has proposed putting fixed cameras on all boundary lines, in addition to the ones the Patriots already have installed in Foxboro.

daniel kaplan ‏@dkaplanSBJ 9m
    NFL competition committee proposing allowing onfield review to be connected to command center in NY. This is used in NHL.
  2. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,700 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    First one sounds dumb but the other 2 I'd be ok with.
  3. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
    Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 5m
    Washington wants to raise number of active players from 46 to 49 for games played on days other than Sun. or Mon. for player safety reason.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 6m
    Competition Committee propose enforcing defensive fouls behind the line of scrimmage from the previous spot of the ball.
    Colts propose allowing teams who play in a retractable-roof stadium to open the roof at halftime.
    The Competition Committee proposes moving the final cuts from 6:00 p.m. ET to 4:00 p.m. on the Saturday after the final preseason game.
    The Eagles propose allowing teams to time and test up to 10 draft-eligible players who attending the Combine at the team's facility.
    Redskins propose allowing an unlimited number of players to return to the active list from IR.
    Redskins proposed eliminating the cut from 90 to 75, with just one cut from 90 to 53.
    Competition Committee emphasizes that a foul can be called for abusive language during games, under current NFL rules.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
    Comp Committee also went in to length on sportsmanship and use of N-word but that is not a formal proposal for vote

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP 5m
    The Redskins have proposed a 49-man active list for Thursday night games and increasing the practice squad to 10 players from the current 8.
    The competition committee will NOT be proposing the specific “N-word” penalty that was discussed during the combine. Interesting.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 48s
    The Competition Committee supports expanded playoffs, just like they did last year. It will be distributed to the members prior to the vote

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 5m
    Washington also proposes trades begin before the start of the league year. Also proposes eliminating cut to 73 -- just one cut to 53.

4. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

1,058 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    The first one does sound dumb. I also don't like stopping the clock when a QB is sacked.
  5. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,422 Messages
    1,907 Likes Received
    Putting the words Belichick and cameras in a sentence together feels somewhat grimy to me...
  6. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,422 Messages
    1,907 Likes Received
    I've been wanting that to happen for a long time.
  7. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,700 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    I agree...a sack shouldn't stop the clock.

I'm all for helping the defense. The offense is protected enough and has too much of an advantage already IMHO.
    Reverend Conehead likes this.
  8. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Just have 49 active players all the time
  9. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
  10. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    EST_1986 likes this.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    why not 53? These guys made the team they should be dressed and ready to play if called on.
    Tobal likes this.
  12. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Sounds good, seems like a silly rule
  13. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Active Member

559 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Lmfao!! This comment made it worth reading this thread!!!!
  14. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,257 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    Fmart322 likes this.
  15. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

249 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Stop the clock everytime a qb gets sacked and Jacksonville games would take foreeeever.
    OhSnap likes this.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,621 Messages
    5,536 Likes Received
    I'm mostly in the "whatever" crowd since we have no control what rules get changed. All I really want to know is what new rules are being put in place as a result of something a Cowboy player did. Since the "Emmitt Smith rule" of taking your helmet off started it seems like we have had a bunch of them.
    dogberry likes this.
  17. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Sick burn Clarence hill also raise the uprights dummies
  18. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,392 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    Emmitt was not the first.
  19. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Yes 3 super bowls decided by 3 points is quiet a sticking point for me on forgetting that episode. If they were 3 SB's in 4 yrs good youd think they coulda blowed one of those teams out. They sure do like their cameras up there.