1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Compton Performs Well at NFL Draft Combine

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 29, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/release.asp?release_id=6963
    2/28/2012

[IMG]
    Tom Compton at the NFL Draft Combine in Indianapolis, Ind.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – South Dakota senior offensive lineman Tom Compton had a strong showing at the 2012 NLF Draft Combine this past weekend at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind. More than 300 top prospects were invited to the event.

"Participating in the combine was a great experience for me," Compton said. "The opportunity to compete with the country's best players and meet with the NFL teams will really go a long way in my goal of getting drafted. I am proud to represent USD and the State of South Dakota in everything I do, and hopefully this will exposure will promote our program."

Compton, a native of Rosemount, Minn., finished 5.11 in the 40 which was fifth-best among offensive linemen beating out first round prospect and Parkston, S.D., native, Riley Reiff (5.23) who attended the University of Iowa. Compton also beat a number of Southeastern Conference and FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) student-athletes, too.
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

6,979 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    This guy has been one of my sleepers. And he is tough enough to play inside as well. Like him a lot.