1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Conerback That Cowboys NEED TO GET FAST IN THE DRAFT~!!!!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by D#1Cowboyfan, Jan 12, 2005.

1. D#1Cowboyfan

D#1Cowboyfan New Member

85 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think that Brandon Browner could be a starter for the Dallas Cowboys...and should be a 2nd 1st Round Draft choice.... sounds good?
  2. jdnalls

jdnalls New Member

1,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Two words for ya:

Screw that!
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    I am worried about his size. He may be too big to play CB in this era of non-contact.

He also didn't seem to be a playmaker at OSU. We need guys who get picks because CBs are going to be beaten and need to occasionally bite back. Thats why a guy like Dre Bly or Antoine Winfield can help their teams without being close to true shut down guys.
  4. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have the same thing in Pete Hunter...infact give me Hunter! Sweet...we already have him. :)
  5. D#1Cowboyfan

D#1Cowboyfan New Member

85 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Height and Speed is good diffently when you got small conerbacks like Terence Newman trying to check big Wide Receivers like Terrell Owens or Randy Moss....That dude is 6-4 210 and is very fast for a conerback from what I heard... You need size these days...
  6. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Why do you need size when breathing on a WR too heavily results in a penalty?

We saw how the advantages of physicality a CB were muted this season. Example A - Chris McCallister.
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd rather eat sandpaper
  8. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,120 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Sorry brandon, your tricks won't work here....
  9. D#1Cowboyfan

D#1Cowboyfan New Member

85 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Look at Pete Hunter he is a example of a good tall conerback... how about Lenny Walls?.... We need size people...

With the distance of the Conerback from the Receivers Cowboys will need somebody tall to playoff of the wide receiver...
  10. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,737 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    since ya can't bang on 'em ya gotta out-jump 'em.
  11. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

2,231 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    I don't want a 1st round CB period, well maybe if the top CB slides to our second 1st round pick, then go for it.