1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Congratulations to Troy Aikman

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Phoenix-Talon, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Phoenix-Talon

Phoenix-Talon Eagles Fan Liaison

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yet another accomplishment for the Dallas Cowboys ...what a long littany of accomplishments and outstanding players that have come out of a great franchise.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention how proud Eagle fans are to have Reggie White in the HOF posthumously. Say what you want about Reggie's belief's, but On the field-of-play, Reggie was truly the Minister of Defense. The clips shown of Reggie clearly shows dominatIons, maulings, of such a magnitude that is not demonstrated very much even in present days.

Reggie, Warren, and Troy were clearly deservant of the HOF (as were all the inductees).

Congratulations.
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    :D

Have a Star...

:starspin
  3. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,378 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    There was nothing wrong about Reggie's beliefs.
  4. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are many who would debate that statement.
  5. t.o.boys81

t.o.boys81 New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice work on congratulating a Cowboy great. Reggie was an amazing player as well.
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Reggie will represent the Packers well in the Hall of Fame.
  7. t.o.boys81

t.o.boys81 New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's only two people that can say anything about Reggie's beliefs. Reggie himself, and Jesus Christ.
  8. The Duke

The Duke New Member

245 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like to compare Reggie White to Charles Haley. I think to win Super Bowls you need solid QB, RB, 1st WR, and Pass Rusher.

Without Reggie Green Bay doesn't win a Super Bowl just like Cowboys without Haley.

That's as far as the analogy goes.

Reggie was the best defensive lineman ever.

Didn't he know before he died from sleep apnia (SP?)?

You would think with millions of dollars he would have done something about it...lose the weight, wear a device I saw once for sleep apnia while you sleep?

Just a shame such a quality person dies when now he had the time to spent so much more time helping others.
  9. Phoenix-Talon

5,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reggie made his name as an Eagle ...Minister of Defense. Eagle fans don't give a darn that he won a superbowl at the end of his career as a packer...because when you say the name Reggie White, everyone pictures that man slapping people down with one arm in the famous kelly green.
    [IMG]
  10. The Duke

The Duke New Member

245 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Phoenix-Talon

Do you know the details why Reggie left Phillie? Was it just the money or did he think he had a better chance for a Super Bowl somewhere else?

Not trying to stir anything up, just thought you would know why.

Seems strange Philly let me go, you would think they would have bent over backwards to keep the best ever DL man.
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Reggie said he wanted to enter the Hall of Fame as a Packer ..... he said thats where he won his Superbowl and that is where his heart is. Sorry.
  12. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    He said thats where God told him to go, most of us cynics felt it was the 17 million dollars (huge money at the time)