1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Connecticut player Anthony Sherman, who could be the first (and only?) fullback selec

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 25, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2011/04/24/sports/9206951.txt

Sherman, who spent the last four years becoming one of the best fullbacks in the nation at the University of Connecticut, is likely to be some team's selection Saturday, the final day of the NFL Draft, which includes the fourth through seventh rounds. He is not just one of the highest-rated players at his position, he brings with him a professional approach to his responsibilities and is a classic "character guy," a well-rounded and well-grounded individual that would be a good influence in any locker room. "That's something that's a huge thing with the NFL right now, especially with this commissioner and the way he's cracking down on misbehavior by guys that do the wrong things," Sherman said. "I think I got that back in Pop Warner and in high school, from my mom and dad and my uncles ... everything to do with my family.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,768 Likes Received
    Not many true FB out there, I think Sherman is a very talented kid and anyone looking for a true FB is going to be pleased getting him in the draft.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Are we going to draft another Connecticut FB? :laugh2:
  4. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,693 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    I'd love it if we got this Connecticut FB. Good blocker, excellent out of the backfield and can run a little bit. Better for what Garrett wants out of a FB than Hynoski or Marecic IMO.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    The kid is a pretty good FB.

But I find myself thinking that if we were going to take a kid from Uconn that runs the ball...how about that RB from Uconn if he is available in the late 3rd round or later.

That kid is a hell of a RB on a team that had terrible QB play and WR play.

Teams knew Uconn was going to run the ball and he still made plays.

But I guess that also falls back to this FB doing a good job in helping open up holes for the RB.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I'd love to get them both. I think Todman will be a major steal for someone
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    If I ever get around to it, Sherman will be one of the picks for the Cowboys in my mock draft. I think he can be another Tom Rathman.

And I'll take that over using a 2nd round pick on Martellus Bennett anyday.