1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

cool documentary about living on Mars

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by a_minimalist, Jul 29, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    [IMG]

I thought this was an excellent documentary about humans living on Mars and worth the hour and fifteen minutes.

In my opinion, going to Mars should be common dialogue today. It doesn't have to be America that funds it, it can be multiple countries or just one. I know I'd like to be alive when it happens as would many other people.

If anyone knows how to embed the video into my post and can respond relatively quick so I can edit it, I'd appreciate it.
  2. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]uDWvsdEYSqg[/youtube]
  3. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Thank you! Now this thread looks much nicer. Unfortunately, I think it will go ignored.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,557 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Like I said ina previous thread discussing this topic on a lighter level; going to Mars will not be a suicide mission. Instead, it's just a destination/lifestyle mission
  5. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope not, this is some fascinating stuff.
  6. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I think in a way the documentary states that as well. They mention it would take about 2 years. 6 months to get there, 1 year there, 6 months to get back. It's not a suicide mission, it's a mission, or a two year lifestyle change. It doesn't have to be a one way ticket; I've seen some of the other threads.
  7. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I agree. I understand the economy right now isn't the best but it's sad that people don't really seem to be interested in why we aren't going there.

If billionaires can invest in large scale amusement park rides to space, there's no reason why we can't put someone on Mars.
  8. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

784 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Nice topic. I have always been interested in space related documentaries. Let me watch it and I will write up my reviews. Thanks for posting this a_minimalist
  9. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Cool, looking forward to hearing what you have to say!