1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coordinators?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ashwynn, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,274 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Sowhere do we stand with Zimmer and Payton? I haven't heard anything in a few days about them. I know Zimms looking like he will still be with us, but Paytons name started coming up in other places. Any news on either one lately?
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Payton is gettin alota interest. Zimmer is gettin no interest...what a surprise.

I hope Jerry is watchin the Steeler game so he can see what a defense can do when you have a real DC instead of the joke we have.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    you're just not a happy person, are you?
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,047 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Zimm might wanna get a restraining order on wolv. :laugh2:
  5. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I would be so happy if Dom Capers is our new DC. Please Jerry. If you wanna see our D be like what you see right now with the Steelers. We have the talent on the defense. We just dont have the talent at DC.
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,047 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I have to agree with you my man.
  7. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Looks as if the Giants may also be interested in Capers. This from the rag so take it for what it is.

SOUP NAZI LOBBYING FOR LEWIS

Giants coach Tom Coughlin isn't such a bad guy after all. As it turns out, he's trying his best to help defensive coordinator Tim Lewis get hired as a head coach.

Of course, the Soup Nazi's ultimate motivation, as we hear it, is that he wants Lewis out of New York.

We'd heard a couple of months back that Coughlin might just fire Lewis after the season, and it's possible that Coughlin still might do it after the dust settles on the coaching carousel. Two years ago, Lewis was fired by the Steelers even though he was a candidate to become the next coach of the Falcons.

Word is that Coughlin wants to hire former Texans coach Dom Capers to take over the Giants defense. Capers previously worked for Coughlin in Jacksonville, after Capers was fired as coach of the Panthers.
  8. Wolverine

Wolverine Zimmer Hater

2,467 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That would just bite. The Giants are already a good team. Capers will make huge improvements to their Defense. Eli Manning will even be better next year. The Giants defense will be much more violent and attackin while we still have Zimmer holdin our defense back.
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Interesting thought about bringing Capers in with the Giants. Osi can probably play OLB but I'm not sure Strahan is capable of playing 3-4 OLB and he is a tad light to play 3-4 DE. It would probably mean that the Giants would have to stick to the 4-3 alignment.
  10. Jimmie

Jimmie New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    GET RID OF ZIMMER and please get us DC!