1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cop tasers blind man in street; mistake cane for Samurai sword

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Oct 18, 2012.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4594506/Cop-tasers-blind-man-in-street.html

Cop tasers blind man in street
    White stick mistaken for Samurai sword

A BUNGLING policeman tasered a blind man in the street after mistaking his white stick – for a Samurai SWORD.

He struck Colin Farmer, 61, in the back with the 50,000-volt stun gun before handcuffing him.

The shocked man had been on his way to his local pub to meet friends.

Cops had earlier received reports of a man roaming Chorley town centre, Lancs, armed with a sword.

A patrolman spotted stoke victim Mr Farmer shuffling down the street with his white stick and wrongly assumed he was the swordsman.

Mr Farmer, who used to run an architect’s practice, has now made a formal complaint and is pursuing legal action against Lancashire Police, which has apologised and begun an investigation
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Obviously this guy is too stupid to be a police officer. Take his badge, make him a new resume and direct him to the nearest McDonalds.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,291 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received
    Sounds like a scene from a comedy movie or something.

Just sounds too far fetched to be real.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    Well it is England, so it has that Mr. Bean feel to it.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,843 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    Reminds me of an old Japanese samurai movie series about a blind samurai called "Zatoichi." If you never saw one, they are pretty interesting.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

61,291 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received
    For those that are interested in watching them...they have a slew of them on Hulu...well at least they did at one time and I can only guess that they still do.
  7. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes, the first thing I would be doing with my nice samurai sword would be scraping and banging it all over the concrete as I walk down the sidewalk....what a moron that cop is
  8. BrAinPaiNt

61,291 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received

Reminds me of something that would happen in...

[IMG]

Hot Fuzz
  9. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but I can't help it....
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Watched some of these with my old martial arts class, and our instructor really liked the choreography. He said that the circular moves made way more sense than a linear style, for someone who was blind and depended on hearing (even if super-hearing) for locating foes.

Plus you have the funny examples of Zatoichi vs Yojimbo, and the 'Babycart from Hell' crossovers.

Kudos for the Hot Fuzz reference as well!
  11. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That or Rutger Howard's Blind Furry :lmao:cheesy B grade movie
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    So they eventually arrested a 27 year old in connection with the sword.

How do you mistake a 27 year old and a 61 year old?

Either way, the 61 year old will now sue and get a nice chunk of cash. I'm typically not for suing, but when your handicap and literally get assaulted by cops when your minding your own business, you can make an exception.
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I wonder what was going through the blind guy's mind. He's walking, minding his own business, trying to find his way through a dark, crowded world, with his walking stick as his only guide. All of a sudden out of nowhere, he feels the jolt of 50,000 volts of electricity pulsating through his extremities, temporarily paralyzing him as he falls to the ground. Not only can he not see, but now he cannot move as well. For a brief moment, he probably thinks he is struck by lighting or either his walking stick somehow found its way inside an electrical socket. Now he is being handcuffed by a babbling buffoon. Poor guy didn't even see it coming...
  14. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have to add in the reference of the blind swordsman in The Boondocks cartoon series. By far the best cartoon series I'd seen in a long, long time.
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,843 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    Too bad the story didn't have a miraculous ending like such:

Blind man gets mistakenly tased by cop AND gains sight. That would have been awesome.
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Are you sure the cop isn't the blind guy?
  17. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,431 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    :umm: You really didn't think this last part out before you hit "Submit Reply", did'ja!? :p:
  18. SC Cowboyfan

SC Cowboyfan Member

740 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The first thing I thought of when I saw that pic was JG and Wade Phillips.....:D
  19. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,858 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    When I first saw the headline, I was about hslf expecting an Austin or Houston dateline, though not sure why.