1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Could Campo go 8-8 with this talent?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,951 Messages
    4,037 Likes Received
    Good point.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,464 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    I think a better coach could take this team a long way in the playoffs. This team is stacked. But coaching is bad. I think thats why Dallas made the move. I like the approach Garrett took, but i hated his execution.

Dallas IMO knocked it out of the park on the defensive side of the ball in terms of coaching. They're still working on the offensive side. This leads me to believe that maybe just maybe the team isnt convinced on Callahan.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,249 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Washington, probably.

Giants.....I dunno. They were in the SB in 2000.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,249 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Looks like Campo lost about 11 games by 4 points or less. If Romo himself isn't worth at least 4 points, he's not the QB we all think he is.
  5. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,139 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    Romo handed Garrett quite a few wins this season!!!! Yes I have no doubt Campo could easily go 8 - 8 with this talent whicjh is a sad indictment of Garrett. The farther Garrett gets away from the offense the better this team will be.
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    What expectations have been met? Fans have every reason to expect more from this team and to raise Hell when this team makes stupid mistakes time after time and expectations are not met. It is childish to support any stupid decision or give them the benefit of the doubt considering the 17 year history that you mention. I am not going to take a wait and see approach on this team based on Jerry Jones judgement. Fans put out their hard earned money and they should be upset at the subpar product that they see on the field. Your opinion that most fans are whiney children because they expect more is arrogant and ignorant to the facts.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,346 Messages
    3,230 Likes Received
    Not looking it up but I seem to remember Campo having some decent or better defenses. Garrett got one good defensive year. Not making excuses for either as Campo's offenses weren't the best either.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,000 Messages
    4,867 Likes Received
    Weird take.

Fans aren't whiney children because they expect more. They're whiney children because they handle unmet expectations the way young children do: by throwing tantrums.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I don't think any fans roll in the floor while kicking and screaming because Dallas doesn't meet expectaions. Most have come to expect average. That doesn't mean they have to like average. I don't see that my take is wierd. Having higher realistic expectations, is quite normal IMO. It is abnormal to settle for and support the stupidity that infects this organization. There are many posters on this board that have better judgement than the GM and could run this team just as well. Give them a copy of Kiper's big board and the draft would improve as a start.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,951 Messages
    4,037 Likes Received
    *Sees Andy Levitre and Phil Loadholt available to draft* *Trades down and picks Robert Brewster instead*
  11. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    This is what makes or breaks the deal. Do you think Garrett has enough talent to be better than 8-8? Heck yes, I definitely think we do. And given this talent, Ronald McDonald can only produce 8-8--at his very best. I cannot wait until the Garrett era is over. He's so Drew Henson.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    You could bring Jimmy Johnson or Tom Landry back right now and they wouldnt win crap with the way this team is structured. It is run by a big ego stripper pole guy not anyone that can run a football team.
  13. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,393 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    y

Drew Henson! :bow:

Well, Campo is no Ronald McDonald, 6-10 @ best.
  14. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,893 Messages
    1,126 Likes Received
    Honestly, who cares? We're mediocre now, we were mediocre then. I'm not going to argue over 8-8 vs 5-11 vs 0-16, because it's all the same to me. NOT WINNING is the same, no matter what the record is.

Campo, Hailey,Wade,Old Parcells,Garrett, future puppet = THE SAME.