1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Could Coughlin be our DC next year?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cas2800, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Cas2800

Cas2800 Member

383 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Im not convinced Zimmer is a Parcells guy but i do think Coughlin and Parcells are buddies. If Coughlin gets fired do you thing Parcells would bring him here?
  2. LeeC53

LeeC53 Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    God I hope not !!!!! but it sure wouldn't surprise me with the Parcells farewell tour in full swing !!!!!!
  3. munkee

munkee Member

342 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    wasn't he an offensive coordinator previous to being an HC? I doubt he would be the DC. Romeo Crenel is a possibility. Some sort of change needs to occur.
  4. Number82

Number82 No Helmet; No Problem

593 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    NO.

Tom is an offensive guy. He was the WR coach on BP's Giants squads. Later became an OC elsewhere before being a HC.
  5. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,554 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    What about Dom Capers as a new DC?
  6. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Del RIO!l Hell, get Campo back, he was a great dc. Is it possible that we just missed on Spears, and Canty?
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jack Del Rio needs to be our next d coordinator assuming he gets fired after this year which is somewhat likely....
  8. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Bring one of Buddy Ryan's sons in here as D coordinator.
  9. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Zimmer was lucky he was wearing a headset. He couldnt hear all the **** we were yelling at him all game. Although most of the defense heard us.
  10. tnbk

tnbk Member

300 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Bring Jack back as the HC....He could at least fire up this team.
  11. Sandman52

Sandman52 Member

598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who are some realistic options for DC next year? I would like to know exactly who is out there.
  12. MarkBrunell

MarkBrunell Benched

248 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Buddy Ryans disciple, Gregg Williams is an absolute moron. His Buddy Ryan schemes suck and got exposed this season. Well since I'm a Skins fan I hope you guys do for a Buddy Ryan disciple.
  13. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Buddy's sons run the 3-4 in Oakland, and the other one was at Baltimore when they ran the 3-4. They don't run the Buddy 46 defense. The league caught up with it and it dissappeared. The same thing is happening with the Tampa cover 2...........as evidenced by Tampa Bay, Indy, Washington and now us.

Of course Zimmy is to dumb to see it and will continue to use it.
  14. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    you really need to have some experience in an area before you're the head of it.

odd how that works.
  15. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I say on Spears but not Canty. Canty is really showing some promise, he just need to polish his skills, I believe both of them need to polish their skills in the pass rushing department.