1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Could we pull off a trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,886 Messages
    142 Likes Received

let me ask you a quesiton: WHY would we trade for Revis?
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,799 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received

Very good question.

I honestly wonder if some actually understand how well Carr played this year, under the circumstances?
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,982 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Carr played great this year. He has quickly become one of my favorite players on the team and he is our best CB. Claiborne looks up to Carr and will learn a lot from him. I love the passion Carr plays with, last thing I want to hear about is him being traded...especially with a #1 attached to it.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,341 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    Absolutely terrible idea that makes no sense for either team.
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Depending on what you get it could be a great trade for the Jets.

Terrible idea (as you say) for the Cowboys however. That hypothetical trade would ensure that the franchise (Jerry) has lost their collective minds.
  7. kelc

kelc Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You must have gone to The Matt Millen school for GM.s
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

The Jet's are projected to be over $20 million over the cap.

Revis is due to have a $9 million cap hit next season.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/darrelle-revis/

Carr is due to have a $16 million cap hit next season.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/brandon-carr/

It would make no sense at all for the Jets to accept this trade. They get a lesser corner(although Carr is no slouch at all, I really like him) and take on more money when they are trying to cut cap room.
  9. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree. I am positive Carr will restructure to give us more cap flexibility. I love Revis, but it's just not in the cards.
  10. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,892 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Carr is a darn good CB. Revis if he returns to form is top 10 all time & one of the 5 or so best players in the league. Remember him allowing like 150 yards in a year? I remember only one player has had a better season at CB: Deion Sanders.
  11. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Not talking about the financial part. I am talking about the yearly holdout, headache part of dealing with Revis.

R2A, I would not say he is a top 5 player right now, nor a top 10 CB of all time. The biggest parts of your last response were "if" and "remember".

That is not worth the headache. The money...that's up to whomever gets that mess.
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,491 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    Okay but when we trade all of that for Revis and then spend all that money on him how will we have improved our biggest weakness in offensive line?

It just makes no sense to trade for a strength on our team and the secondary was a strength last season. Well the corners were anyway. Your just trading for name at that point.
  13. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Coming off ACL injury, only a 1-year rental, a di_k, etc. If we were the Jets and we somehow landed a 1st-rounder + other goodies for damaged goods, we'd be laughing our heads off.