1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Courtney Upshaw

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ringmaster, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,735 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Jason Babin is an animal right now with 18 sacks and could threaten Strahan's record and you can bet he's licking his chops right now about facing the Cowboys o-line knowing he could very well add 2 to 3 more this Saturday to his total.

You're right he could be very good in a 3-4 also in regards to Curry he's a beast at Marshall even though the competition isn't as good but they said the same thing about Ware coming out of Troy as well about not facing top competition and look how that turned out not trying to compare Curry to Ware at all but we will find out alot about Curry in the next few months with the combine being 2 months away.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Oh , I agree . The combine will give the info needed to see if he can be a OLB. The biggest problem I see with Upshaw is his lack of pass rushing skills . I think he will be a sold player , not great .
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Concerning Curry , this is the same way I feel .
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    not trying to compare Curry to English but thats what they said about him too.
  5. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,719 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Sounds like a certain #94.
  6. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    We will just have to see how he does in workouts and combine.
    Everyone said Ware could play 3-4 OLB after his workouts, that wasn't a question at all with most.

I don't have a problem with Curry but right now everything I read and I have seen him play, he doesn't look like a 3-4 OLB to me. You have to do more than rush the passer. I don't think he is a day one starting SOLB right now.
    I will have to see him in workouts.
    If you want a 3-4 SOLB that can start day one, Courtney Upshaw, Jarvis Jones, Melvin Ingram are your guys. Andre Branch has a better chance at being more of a day one starter than Curry at SOLB. I think those 4 are 1st rounders. I wouldn't mind Curry in the 2nd though. Just better get a vet 3-4 OLB if you draft Curry and let Spencer walk.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received

Curry is projected as a first rounder.
  8. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    by who, I have seen several sites that have him in the 2nd and even the 3rd.
    Right now it is way to early to project rounds on players like Curry. I have seen players in the past projected 1st rounders end up 3rd rounders and projected 3rd rounders end up top 15 picks.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I would love to have a list of the risers and falls during last year's draft process . Some of these players can get rich by putting up good combine numbers . You are right , it is way too early to guess where these players will end up .
  10. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,556 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Ingram is rated as #10 on McShay's overall players. I have seen him going in the first to 2nd rds in mock drafts.
  11. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    The thing about the OLB in the 3-4, is that there aren't many college teams that run a 3-4. Thus, most of your pro OLB's were 4-3 DE's in college, and had to make the transition. On the one hand, you have Ware. On the other, you have Spencer.

I just read one publication that had us taking Nick Perry, DE/OLB, from USC. Anybody know anything about him?